Bypass Login password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

Bypass Login password?

I'm working on a friend's son's computer, it was not even booting up.

I got it that far but can't get past the password and the son is not available.

Any "work arounds"?

Is it on WinXP? If so heres a little trick ;)

On the logon screen, hold CTRL+ALT and press DEL twice
Then as the user, put Administrator
Leave the password blank

--

Most of the time that works, unless he uses the deafult admin account.

I did get a hold of the owner but I will try your suggetstion and file it away.

Thanks for the post.

If it is Win98, just press the Escape button when the login-screen comes up (and if you have not got one yet, now Bob is your uncle).

If you want to change the unknown admin password for NT/2k/XP then there are tools out there (some free) that can do that. I can send you a link/floppy image/iso image when I get back to work if you like.

It's a mini Linux that fits on one floppy with an NTFS reader/writer built in.
You boot it, it reads the SAM files containing the accounts information from your Windows installation and lets you change it. Changing passwords isn't 100% successful, but blanking them always works.
There is supposed to be a full registry editor in it too, but I haven't tried that one.

I don't think the thing I'm talking about has a name, it's just a package put together by an enthousiast. But there are many products out there with fancy names and $200 price tag :p

Originally posted by ---agissi---

Leave the password blank

--

This worked beautifully...thanks :grinthumb

Bypassing Log In For Windows 2000 Pro

I was given a laptop (Gateway Solo) this past week from a friend who bought a bunch of computers from a company going out of business. I wanted to check it out and see what was up with the laptop, but I get to the log in window and see that it is running on Windows 2000 Professional with a username and password already in store. Is there a way to bypass this to get to admin options? I would like to take 2000 Pro off of there and install something else.

Thanks much for any help!

didnt work for me

---agissi--- said:

Leave the password blank

--

this didnt work for me it brought me to bios and stuff i did see where it says change password i changed it then rebooted then it was never changed stil my old password

Dont need a password to reformat

If you want to 'put something else' on, you just reformat the drive from an install CD without ever letting Windows start.

bypass windows 2000 login password?

hey agissi, is there any similar method to bypass the login password on a windows 2000 system. I found an old dell latitude at home and want to get into it but i don't know the login password. I would reinstall windows 2000 except i dont know where that cd is anymore. Also, when i tried to make a boot disk that would bypass the password, the computer wouldnt read the floppy...maybe because i have an external floppy drive? I would really appreciate any suggestions. thanks.

Hi everyone, I need help with a similar windows 2000 login password situation. A friend of mine runs a local daycare, which had 8 old (very old) PCs donated to them. I volunteered my time to clean off the old files. I did not realize that these computers all are set up for a network and have passwords (windows 2000) on them.
Is there any easy way for me to do this? I only have 1 windows 2000 disk?!?!
HELP!

hey guys,
My school issued out computers to everyone and they told us that the computers were ours after graduation. However they put administrator on the computer and limited our accounts. I have tried to bypass by using the ctrl alt del trick and they do use the standard admin. I am not looking to download any kind of bypassing disk. Is there like a universal password or something easy like that to bypass it? All I want to do is unlimit my own account so that I can take care of my computer like I need to. It is a brand new dell latidude d820 with windows xp professional on it. Any suggestion would help.

Thanks

paynhal said:
windows xp professionalThanks

To make sure that you are actually logged on as the administrator of the pc and not just a user named "Administrator" use Ctrl + Alt + Del twice and that will take you to a different log on type (such as in windows 2000 or 2003) in which you actually type in "administrator" as the user name and leave the password blank. Same as what they were talking about above. See if that will help you get into the pc that way. You can change your "Administrator" user account and give it different user permissions and give it an actual administrator account instead of just limited account. Hopefully that is what you are looking for and can help you adjust your settings and permissions.

New Comp With password Problem

i Have a laptop with Win Xp home edition, (from a friend who is now gone) he put a password on the win log on, and was smart enough to set a admin password as well, How can i get around this without loading a new OS???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back