1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Bypass Windows 2000 Login Screen

By ddbb07 ยท 6 replies
Apr 29, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I have an old Dell Latitude CPx running Windiows 2000 Professional that comes from an friend of mine that had it but he can't remember the password. I tried the Administrator login where I leave the password section blank but that didn't work, how can I get into the computer? I know that these computers are obsolete and to none real use but do not write stupid answers like get an new computer, throw it away etc. I like using old technology and has it like an hobby.

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 8,817   +585

Have you tried contacting Dell?

3. ddbb07

ddbb07 TS Rookie Topic Starter

The computer is from 1995

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 8,817   +585

5. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 4,060   +1,187

learninmypc likes this.
  6. hiyaza

hiyaza TS Rookie

The password recovery software recommended by Nirsoft sucks.

7. JackHouston

JackHouston TS Rookie

I know some free methods, they used to work on my Windows 10 computer,but I don't know if they work on the old dell (I have never used Windows 2000).Anyway, anything is possible.
    By the way,I don't know if you know about Command Prompt,(Press the Windows Key + R key together)it would be a great way to bypass Windows login screen.I know a lot of people on the Internet say it's not good for computer beginners,it doesn't matter,other methods can help,too.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...