Calling all experts for advice on a new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang!

Ok after doing some research on the internets and suggestion boards, I think I have finally come up with a nice system. Something that isn't too costly and basically something I can be happy with for a few years at least.

Please note that I the type of processor I have chosen (Intel Core Duo2 E4300 which I will be overclocking). Unless someone has a better suggestion?

Basically I'm wondering if the other components are good for overclocking or if anybody has had a bad experience with any of the following parts? Thanks for any help!!!! :)

Hard Drive

# Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Average Latency: 4.16ms
Cache: 16MB
Form Factor: 3.5"
# Model #: ST3320620AS

Video Card

Gigabyte Geforce 7900GS 256MB

RAM

OCZ System Elite 2GB DC PC2-4200 DDR2

Tower

Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 Power Supply - Retail

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80GHz 2MB/800FSB Processor

DVD RW

LG GSA-H22L Super Multi 18x DVD-RW w/Lightscribe Drive (Black)

Motherboard

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 S775 i965P ATX MB (Raid/GbE/SATAII)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! :)

Nickslick makes a very good point. Get some high speed sticks if you plan on overclocking. I dont really see the point in buying a rig just to overclock it out of box though...

Thanks for the advice guys.

Is there another processor I should be looking at then? Instead of overclocking this CPU?

Basically I want something I will be happy with for a reasonable price.

I would get diiferent memory and a different videocard.

Corsair XMS2 Memory and eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB.

Your CPU is a good choice,you may want to go for an E6300. Because it overclocks a little better and because it has a larger FSB.

Stock out of the box you should be happy with the E4300. Don't let the 1.8Ghz number deceive you. If you are not happy then the 4300 is a good overclocker but you would then want to consider an aftermarket HSF. Try it stock and see how much you like it.

7900GS should be just fine. Right now the 8800's don't have any competition so they are wickedly overpriced.

Also, check out this review about overclocking between the 4300 and the 6300:https://www.techspot.com/review/40-core2-e4300-vs-e6300-overclocking/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back