Can I bridge a connection with a USB port?

I have a 2-sided USB cord I want to bridge a connection to on my Windows TinyXP.

When I go to Network Connections it shows my Local Area Connection, but how would I get it to show the USB cord to show in there so that I can bridge it.

I didnt go buy any hardware. This is just a cord I've had for a while. I looked around for a bit and had trouble finding this information.

what you are really saying is
Code:
modem---(router)----your system---usb.connected.to.nothing
doesn't show the USB. Of course not put something on the other end
Code:
---your system---usb.connected.to.something
However, your system needs the Internet Connection Sharing enabled,
the USB connection on your system needs to have an Ethernet feature,
and the other device needs the same kind of USB/Ethernet device.

The USB slots on your systems will not do networking without using a USB/Ethernet adaptor and installing the drivers.

Thankyou

Thats the answer I was looking for. I didnt know if I needed a certain USB drive or not. Thankyou!

be careful - - USB/WiFi adaptors will not work this way; they work as receivers to contact a router - - not another PC with a USB/WiFi device.

You would be MILES ahead to implement
Code:
modem---WiFi.Router - - - - PCs with WiFi

Thankyou.

I got a USB/wifi adapter. I didnt think about using that. I have my laptop wifi bridged to my other computer. I have 1 more computer I wanted connected to the internet. I could just pick up the signal same way my laptop is on there. I dont even need the bridge. Lol, thanks for saying something. I know its different then what you ment. But what you said put the idea in my head. ;)

Back