Can I run these 3 anti-malware programs at the same time?

ChriskK

I'm running Norton Endpoint Protection, which provides protection against, viruses, spyware and Internet threats. Can I also run "Ad-Aware" and "Spyware Blaster" in addition to Norton?

I recently had an aweful experience due to a Rootkit virus and want to be protected as best as possible.

As for universal logic: yes, you can run all three anti-malware programs at the same time, but be prepared for some major slow-downs. Usually just one "anti-all" program like avast! is sufficient, and two different is almost overkill. As for three, well if your PC can handle it: then for all means, there seems not to be any major software-incompatibly between those three stated.

But be prepared that it might slow your PC down quite a bit.

As the above answer correctly stated, there’s no incompatibility between the 3 tools you mention.

What you shouldn’t run simultaneously is two antivirus utilities, but only Norton is such, the other two are in a different category often called anti-spy. In fact, Spyware Blaster isn’t even that and is not running in the normal sense, but protects in the background thru your hosts file.

It’s not a bad idea to have all 3 on at the same time. As regards delays, it depends on the capabilities of your system which you don’t mention, but should have done. However, personally I wouldn’t expect delays to be excessive.

I have 3 desktops. The slowest one has an Intel dual core 3.14GHz CPU and the fastest one has an Intel quad core 3.33GHz CPU. All the 3 PCs have 4 GB RAM and the OS is Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I'm running Norton and Spyblaster and will add Ad-aware and see if it slows down my systems.

I'm running Norton Endpoint Protection, which provides protection against, viruses, spyware and Internet threats. Can I also run "Ad-Aware" and "Spyware Blaster" in addition to Norton?

I recently had an aweful experience due to a Rootkit virus and want to be protected as best as possible.

Go to WorldStart Message Boards. Click on PC asked and Answered Questions.
Then click on Essential Free Security Tools List.
Just about everything you'd ever want to know about the Yes,No's,Do's,Don'ts,and
Dangers of Anti Virus,Anti Malware,Spyware.ETC. CB

Back