Can I use other drivers on a Dell computer

Hi, I have had a lot of trouble on my 6 year old Dell Desktop Dimension 2400 computer, it is too complex to go into detail here' but it has been a nightmare for nearly 4 weeks and I am still going to have do it all over again as in reinstall Win XP / or the drivers at least.

It crashes to Bluescreen every time I Insert a USB stick, Connect and start my Printer, or connect my Western Dig Ext HD which has all the stuff I backed up on.

The major problem was that I missed the "install order list" the first time (my own inexperience) but I have found another DELL list and it Contradicts the First order List anyway' Sooo! Is there a site where I can find out what I need the Order to install them and download them onto a Disk or USB as I had no internet when I first installed Widows XP that was the beginning of my downfall. I have been to DELL Forum's and tried to do the things they suggest but you cannot delete all the USB,s in Disc Manager/ Devices/ USB's/ as you have no Keyboard or Mouse half way through? Thanks if you can help Dasha

Wow. Yea. Sounds like your machine is currently "quite the mess"! :(

You should certainly start with the drivers on the Dell web site.

Always start with the chipset drivers. I'd do network and storage (IDE) drivers next then the others. Install drivers before installing the applications.

Back