Can not use my keyboard on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssupra96

I have a gateway m675 series laptop. I haven't used it in awhile, but now I can't even type on it. The keyboard does not respond to anything I do. I hooked up a external keyboard through the usb port and that works fine. The touchpad works too, but no response from any of the functions keys or regular alphabet. Any help would be grateful. Also, the power button works, the cd-rom drive works too. Just the keys have no response. I went and downloaded the drivers for the laptop off gateways website, but they have so many drivers for keyboards and most seem to be upgrades. None were just the basics. None of them worked. Help please!

Does the Kb work when you are in the CMOS?BIOS setup pages?
If yes then you might have some corruption in the O/S a system restore or previously good startup may be in order.
If it does not ,You might have to send the Lptp in for service.
Also check the Setup for anything that might shutoff the onboard Kb to use an external KB especially docking settings,etc.

I will check the bios. I think the keyboard worked when I was in the bios. I will check the setup and see what it says when I get back to work. Thank God for MLK day tomorrow. I really am not up to another 5 day week right now. Thanks for the help, I'll let you know what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back