Can someone please help me with this HJT Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

clff15701

Im trying to help a buddy of mine out by cleaning up his computer. At first the computer wouldnt let me run the task manager but I got Symantec Endpoint installed and was able to get some scanning done. I can now run the task manager but symantec found 25 or so security risk including multiple trojans. I then installed spybot and it found even more. After that I installed webroot spysweeper and it also found even more! Im still getting popups and the computer wouldnt let me run hjt so I had to rename the .exe to .com. I get some error about I dont have suffiecent permissions. Ive attached my HJT file.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.1 KB · Views: 5
anyone??

im pretty much dead in the water the malware wont let me run automatic updates it keeps disabling the service every time.

Download and Install SDFix
  • Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
    (Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Run SDFix
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
  • Attach Report.txt back here with a fresh Hijackthis log

Alright well that took out a chunk. Couldn't have asked for more.

We need to get rid of one of the services running on your machine. To do this, copy (Ctrl +C) and paste (Ctrl +V) the text in the code box below to Notepad.

Code:
@echo off
sc stop PlugPlayRPC
sc delete PlugPlayRPC
del service.cmd and exit

Save it to your desktop as File name: service.cmd
Save as type: All Files

Once done, double click service.cmd to run it. A command window will open briefly, then close. This is quite normal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tools to download but don't run yet

Download CWShredder here to its own folder.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop, run the setup and make sure to check for updates, but don't scan yet.

Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.

Download OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer to your desktop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to print from here down - or copy and paste it into notepad and save it to the desktop, because you wont be able to see it in safe mode

Step 1
Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Step 2
Remove bad HijackThis entries
  • Run HijackThis
  • Click on the System Scan Only button
  • Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
    O2 - BHO: targetedbanner browser optimizer - {22676a24-3652-b38b-1d04-22a5496c67a8} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\incbphrdav.dll
    O2 - BHO: Helper Class - {3670A914-63C2-4E67-8C9B-370AE1922143} - C:\Program Files\BChanger\bchanger.dll
    O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A07E3945-CED6-40A0-AA3B-8F367508DC36} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGvuUoO.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FA609613-29FB-7C02-F94F-7BA293991AC9} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lwxueh.dll (file missing)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{c47602e6-7b9d-3db7-49cf-e289026b1cb9}] C:\WINDOWS\System32\Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\incbphrdav.dll" DllStart

• Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
  • Click on the "Fix Checked" button
  • When completed, close the application.

Step 3
OTMoveit2 by OldTimer
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

Code:
    [b]purity
    c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\incbphrdav.dll
    C:\Program Files\BChanger /s
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGvuUoO.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lwxueh.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\portsv.exe[/b]
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Make sure it looks just like in this post then Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt2
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.then boot back into safe mode

Step 4
While still in Safe mode
CWShredder
Now run CWShredder. Click I Agree, then Fix and then Next, let it fix everything it asks about.

Step 5
Download and Run ATF Cleaner

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it.

Under Main choose:
Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Cookies
Temporary Internet Files
Prefetch
Java Cache

*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

Firefox or Opera:
Click Firefox or Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Step 6
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Launch Malwarebytes
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Reboot to Normal Mode and attach here:
1)OTMoveit2 log
2)MBAM log
3)Fresh Hijackthis ran after booting to normal mode

Good work! Just a few more things then we should be able to clean up

have hijackthis fix this entry just like before

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {DE48B6F6-977A-495D-8182-ECEAC498374A} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGvuUoO.dll (file missing)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 6
  • The 5th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_06 folder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner

Order to use it you have to use Internet Explorer.
Go to Kaspersky and click the Accept button at the end of the page.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.
  • Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
  • Allow the ActiveX download if necessary.
  • Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
  • Click on "My Computer"
  • When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
  • Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
  • Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.
Attach the report into your next reply

OTMoveit2 by OldTimer
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

Code:
    [b]C:\WINDOWS\system32\lcntrtdm.exe[/b]
  • Return to OTMoveIt2, right click in the "Paste List of Files/Folders to Move" window (under the light Yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

OTCleanit! by Oldtimer
  • Launch OTMoveit! and click on the Cleanup! button

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
  1. Set correct settings for files
    • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
    • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
    • If unchecked please check Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
    • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
    • Click OK

clear system restore points

• This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
      • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
      • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
      • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
      • Select the More options tab
      • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
      This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

2. Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    2. Click once on the Security tab
    3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
      • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
      • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    5. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  3. Use an AntiVirus Software - It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future.

See this link for a listing of some online & their stand-alone antivirus programs:

Virus, Spyware, and Malware Protection and Removal Resources

4. Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

5. Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:

Understanding and Using Firewalls

6. Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.This is done in Vista through control panel -> windows updates.

7. Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

8. Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

here are some additional utilities that will enhance your safety

• IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
  • Winpatrol <= Download and install the free version of Winpatrol. a tutorial for this product is located here:
    Using Winpatrol to protect your computer from malicious software

All Done

Thanks man I completed additional scans and seemed to have removed everything. I have to get this laptop back tomm to my friend but thanks for all your help. I couldnt have done this by myself. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back