Cannot access one particular webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.jacko

Hi all,

not actually crossed this problem before, so i need help please.

One of my faves in IE7, redirects to "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
Its basically another forum i use. Also its a pc components reseller so has a main webpage which i can no longer access either. The forum is linked to the main page.
I can access it from another pc on the network, but not my own anymore (???)
I've deleted ALL cookies from Internet options, manually by searching for the website, then when that failed to fix it i deleted ALL cookies.
Restarted IE7 but still cannot access either site?

No earthly idea why this has suddenly happened, i originally thought the site was down, but i rang them and they've had no issues, suggesting i deleted my cookies. And as i said, i can access it from other pcs on the network.
I'm reluctant to delete the internet hitsory cos of all the other stuff i'd lose.

Any help much appreciated, thanks
:)

Please delete all your history and all

Here's an excellent program for that => CCleaner
These horrible temp files just build up over time and can cause similar issues to what you're having

Also this may be related to an entry in your Hosts file
You can have a read here on securing your Hosts file better: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

If the above doesn't help (after restart as well) you may need to check out: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Doh!!
Your first sentence is not something i wanted to hear Kimsland. :(

I have CC cleaner somewhere, will dig it out. Gonna try that first before deleting ALL history.

I'm also wondering if they have blocked our IP as i can now NOT get onto this site from another pc.
I will also check our firebox to see if its denied access to THEIR IP for some reason.

Cheers

CCleaner program updates often
Downloading it again and just setting it up over the top of your "dig it out" CCleaner, is preferred

Or just use the update button in CCleaner program itself ;)

just updated it. Would you say its better than 'advanced system care'? which is what i usually use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back