Cannot complete 8-step virus removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been having difficulty with our computer. Our AVG software was not able to update and every time we tried to go the website it said that the connection failed. So our AVG couldn't update and Windows kept turning my firewall off. We cannot access any security website (AVG, Norton, etc) directly or through Google search. We removed AVG hoping to reinstall it, but we can't. So, I came here and I began the 8-step process. I was able to download AntiVir. It said it found several trojans: TR/Crypt:XPACK.Gen and TR/D1dr.Agent.aqfu.Trojan

I attempted to download the free firewall from Comando and the other one (can't remember it now), but it said that the connection failed. My Windows firewall in on now, so I figured I would be safe to go to Step 3. I was able to download the cleaner and clean my system. However, now I cannot access the directions or tutorial for Step 4. When I try that it says that the connection failed. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to boot to Safe Mode Networking and if you can connect then do post 2 above.

Preview: Download the Attachment rename it execute it to create the Fixes folder on desktop enter folder and run Fixit.cmd

When Fixit finishes it will reboot. Do nothing else but the 8 Steps and post the logs.

Mike

Real time monitoring software

I am on Step 3 and I have two questions. First off I have disabled the TDSSserv, so I am now able to access the directions.

My first question--I cannot turn the Windows Firewall off. Do I need the Comando Firewall or if I have Windows wlll that work.

Second, I cannot determine if I have any real-time monitoring software. I know I don't have Ad-Aware, or Spybot, but would I have something with my the Antivir program that I downloaded last night, or do I have something with Windows Security Center?

Thanks for your help. I will get this computer fixed, don't know what I would've done if I hadn't found this site.

Hi momof6blessings

Somehow I missed your reply.

Even if turning of tdsserv works I think you should still do post 2 and 3. One of the things it does is reset the windows Firewall.

then complete the 8 Steps and post the logs.

And no do not install any program except a cleaning tool while you have Malware as it may corrupt the installation.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back