Cannot Delete Strangely Named Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

larebz

Right so i'm gonna tell you straight, i downloaded something off DC++ however in the folder i downloaded i have all these strangely named file/folders which i can't delete, here's what the folder looks like...

and as you can see the size of these files is ridiculous, like 2-3 gb's each :eek: but i think that's fake because the folder size is like 56 gb and i would have never downloaded all that, also you can see the modified dates are all messed up aswell.

Now, when i try to delete these files & folders i get a message saying "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."

I get that for all of them except one which says "Cannot delete filename: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" which is the same message i get when trying to delete the parent folder 'f' aswell.

I have tried deleting in safe mode with no luck, so please can anyone help me to remove these files and folders from?? I realy am confused about all this.

try deleting the lowest level subfolder(s) and then the upper level folder(s)
until you get to the last one.

if that fails, try MOVING the folder to your
\Docs and Settings\your-login\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
Launch IE and then use Tools->Options->delete files

Have you tried renaming them?
Did this program perhaps create a new user account which you need to open to access them?
The last time I had this sort of problem I ended up formatting the drive to get rid of them - but then you did't want to hear that.....

jobeard said:
try deleting the lowest level subfolder(s) and then the upper level folder(s)
until you get to the last one.

if that fails, try MOVING the folder to your
\Docs and Settings\your-login\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
Launch IE and then use Tools->Options->delete files

I have tried deleting every single one, 1 by 1, but i get the error message on every one.

and good idea to move them to Temporary Internet Files but when i go to the folder the Move button blanks out, plus i can't even move the folder anywhere anyway, thanks anyway.

AlbertLionheart said:
Have you tried renaming them?
Did this program perhaps create a new user account which you need to open to access them?
The last time I had this sort of problem I ended up formatting the drive to get rid of them - but then you did't want to hear that.....

Well, there's no way i'm formatting so that's out the question. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back