Canon MP730 - banded printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

risingTide

Greetings.

Over the last few months my Canon MP730 has been printing with bands or white lines through the black ink and also won't print colors at times. I've tried to do ALL of the cleaning methods through the software and on the printer itself which used to help...for a time. Now it no longer helps.

At this point I'm thinking it is maybe the print head? Instead of buying a new one, does anyone know how to properly clean it on this model?

Many thanks!!!

I'm not sure on that model specifically
But you need to clean all the rollers (I used, like a damp lightly soapy cloth)
Any mirrors, or metalic panels with metho
Any fuser wires, with a brush
Confirm all dry
Then high pressure air all over! (although remove toner cartridges, and any other removable parts first)
Actually I've turned many printers upside down, and seen many paper clips and things drop out!

Alas, after a thorough cleaning it the problem has remained. I guess I'm going to have to drop the $50 on a new print head. The printer is 5 years old...so its very possible that's the problem.

Well...I tried to manually clean the print head again and noticed that there was a chunk out of the bottom of it about 1 cm long and 1/2 cm wide!! I figured that was bad. :)

So I ordered a new print head and it came today. I installed it fine but I have a problem.

The black works fine in all ways. I also can print all other colors, EXCEPT for the fact that there are places on the page where the color just won't print. It's like it just skips over them and it leaves white lines or spaces. Now I'm not talking about streaking. I was having that before but that is over now. This is different; it is very distinctly and cleanly just leaving white lines on certain places of only the colors.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you!!

you're still having clogging problems. Are you using cheap ink?
Take the print head and SOAK it in 100% denatured alcohol overnight. then take a q-tip and clean the head again manually.
change your ink.

It's a brand new print head and 4 brand new ink cartridges. They are generic ones...but I've used them before we no problem. And everything was completely unused.

Do you still think it is clogging on all new things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back