Can't burn music to cds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faggisman

when i go into windows media player (10) and try to burn music to a blank cd it says the cd-r drive is in use but there is no activity on my cpu. Then I tried to burn it anyway but i got an error message that said

Windows Media Player cannot burn the files to the CD. If the CD burner (recorder) is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver.

with the two options of close or more information. When you click on more information I get this

C00D11C9: Cannot burn files to CD
Windows Media Player cannot burn (copy) the files to the CD. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The CD burner (recorder) is busy. Wait for the drive to complete its current task, and then try again.

The burner is not compatible with your version of Windows. Verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device drivers, and then try again.

To verify that the drive is compatible and to download the latest device drivers, see the Windows Catalog at the Microsoft Web site.

Error ID = 0xC00D11C9, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Could anyone help me out please!!!:(

You might have Temporary "files waiting to be written to the disk" in explorer.

put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

if you have any open windows that are showing the contents of the drive then you should close them too. other than that then there's probably another program monitoring the drive, could be a media player that you set to monitor your Drive for playable media.

I have had similar problems in the past, i have been unable to burn with nero, windows media player 10, etc. I never found out my problem, all i know is it was fixed when I reinstalled windows for another unrelated reason

Sometimes programs like AnyDVD,Clone CD,Blindwrite etc.. and some "Virtual CD/DVD" programs as well will cause other burning utilities to fail, because they install "Virtual Devices" that show up in Device manager as SCII devices, they tend to Interfere with windows Native ASPI/SPTI.

come to think, i have daemon tools installed at the time it was stuffing up, but i also have daemon tools installed now and there is no problem.

Also just a quick note, be careful when downloading daemon tools, I downloaded a version from the daemon website and it contained a virus that was a ***** to get rid of.

For the fun of it, when you go to WMP>Burn.. click on the drop down menu and select another drive, then reselect your cd burner or change the option to burn into (CD/MP3/..).

Theres an icon directly above it, which looks like a page with a red tick on it. click it and confirm the box with "Enable CD recording on this drive" is checked

I have tried all of those options but none of them seem to have worked except reinstalling windows which i will try later. But when i try a different set of blank discs it converts all of the cds but when it comes to actually burning them it just stops.

It indeed is a very odd problem, try what pcaceit siad and take off any burning or virtual cd/dvd software and give it a go then

You should also try uninstalling your burning software and re install again. (after removing those other programs) and if all this does not work then i'm afraid that the only is to Run a repair install of windows.

I dont know of any other fix but in past when all else has failed i have had to do a clean install of windows to get back the full normal functionality.

believe me i have tested those any dvd and clone cd type apps and they have 50% of the time caused some sort of problem. it also depends on which combination of burners you use with them. but sorry i cant remember which work together because i have just kept away from them.

Good luck

Open My Computer find your CDRW drive then right click the drive then properties and make sure that recording is ticked on the recording Tab.

I took dazzer9535's advice (it was enabled) but then i had a look at autoplay and for blank cd it had create a new cd nero, burn a cd wmp, burn a cd realplayer has this possibly got anything to do with it?

I said it maybe a registry tweak this is a techie forum not a reinstall Windows forum :D

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Expand the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type backup of drives key, and then click Save.

Note You can restore this registry subkey by double-clicking the backup of drives key.reg file that you saved.
6. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, click the Volume{GUID} folder under Drives, where GUID is a 32-character hexadecimal globally unique identifier.

Note If you have more than one CD-ROM drive in the computer, an additional Volume{GUID} folder is listed for each drive.
7. In the right pane of the Registry Editor window, double-click Drive Type.
8. In the Value data box, type 1 or 2, depending on the drive type, and then click OK.

The drive type should be 1 if it is a CD-R and 2 if it is a CD-RW.
9. Quit Registry Editor.
10. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
11. Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the CD-R drive or CD-RW drive, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu.
12. If the Recording tab is displayed, Windows recognizes the drive as a recordable device.
13. Click Cancel.

Note If you have more than one CD-ROM drive, DVD-ROM drive, or CD-RW drive in the computer and the Recording tab is not displayed, an incorrect drive may have been configured as "recordable" in the Windows registry. To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:a. Follow steps 1 through 9 to edit the Drive Type value of the Volume{GUID} folder whose value you previously changed.
b. In the Value data box, type 3, and then click OK.

The drive type value of 3 indicates that the drive is a standard CD-ROM and is not writable.
c. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, click the next Volume{GUID} folder.
d. Follow steps 7 and 8 to change the Value data entry to 1 or 2, depending on the drive type.
e. Quit Registry Editor, and then follow steps 10 through 12 to confirm that the Recording tab is displayed in the properties dialog box of the CD-R drive or CD-RW drive.

I have to volume files under drives one is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives\Volume{537d3c0b-f957-11d7-ba9e-806d6172696f}

the other is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives\Volume{b575ced8-26b8-11d9-be9a-806d6172696f}

in the first one there is a default and then a drive type

in the second one there is default, current cd write speed, drive type and max cd write speed which one should i change to 1 or 2?

Just try double click drive type and change it try one at a time just make a note of the original number, its that simple :)

Solution??

I have found a possible solution to this. Right click on the cd drive and check the "Enable CD recording on this device box". If it is already checked, uncheck it, apply settings, then re check the box and click OK. Worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back