can't delete a specific file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

animemanga

hi guys.
i can't delete a 3.4gb file in my documents. it says that another program is using it. but there no application opened. i have even booted in safe mode but nothing. it's really eating up my space.
anyone know how to deal with this

Download the Pocket killbox programme from HERE and extract it.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards Howard :)

thanx.
i did wat u said and it told me to reboot which i haven't done yet. there's another problem. i have unistalled nero demo version but this msg keeps on poping up it says errorr. plz reinstall nero. i just want to get rid of the whole nero thing. do u know how ?
thanx in advance

Possibly the easiest thing to do with Nero is to reinstall and uninstall it again.

Reboot your computer and see if your file has gone.

If you have further problems with nero, let us know.

remember me saying that i used killbox but didn't reboot my pc. the file is not gone. i can't delete it .neither can killbox. i tried several times to delete it using killbox but nothing. it say file will be deleted by reboot but when reboot is done the file is still there.

Can you give me details of the file you can`t delete? Have you created any virtual drives with Nero? If you have, you`ll need to reinstall Nero in order to delete the virtual drive.

i have already reinstalled nero demo version. and no the file has nothing to do with nero. the is a 3.4gb game. unfortunetly it's useless to me as it doesn't work or me. MDF file.when i try to delete it it says another programme is using it.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Now try deleting the file in question. If it`s still a no go, use Killbox from safe mode.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

If that still doesn`t do it, please give me the full filepath to the file you want to delete.

Let me know the outcome please.

attibute

Maybe the file you want to delete needs to change the attribute from read-only, system or hidden into archive.

Try these and let us know.

Good luck with this.

What type of file is that? PErhaps, a more radical way to delete that files is by detaching you hard disk, and make it external. And then borrow your friend's PC, and attach it via USB, and now browse your external hard disk and delete that problematic files.

And after that, you should know what to do. Put that hard disk back into your PC :)

it's no use. i boot in safe mode and ran killbox but it didn't do nothing. is a deleting a simple unwanted file that hard ?

Is that the file itself, or the folder that it`s in? Try renaming the folder/file and then try deleting it. If it`s a folder, what`s inside it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back