Cant delete file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Windows XP pro, my problem I think is a strange one, Im trying to delete a folder but whenever I even just put my cursor over the folder immediately I get a pop up window saying "windows has encountered a problem & needs to close", this is the only file this happens to, Ive tried deleting it same thing happens, Ive even tried going into DOS prompt to delete it, once I found the location I tried to access it & delete it; but again as soon as I try to do anything the DOS window immediately closes down & goes back to the desktop as Ive said this only happens to this one folder, what is happening & how can I delete it? please help.

Sorry guys! just came across a thread similar to mine by crdriscoll, I read a reply by Flash416, tried his solution & it worked perfectly, I must rememeber to read other threads first, thanks

If you download HijackThis then you can use it to delete a file/folder on startup, so that no program or person is yet accessing it, so you SHOULD in theory be able to delete it.

Alternatively, you can post in the Security and the Web Forum, to see if you have an infection. Although they will probably tell you to download HijackThis and make a log anyway.

The choice is all yours. Try the first anyway, and if you cannot get it fixed then try the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back