Can't find Excel file

I am wondering if anyone is a Live Mesh user who may have had the following problem: I was working with an Excel file which I "opened" from a Live Mesh Desktop folder. When I was finished with my work, I saved the file, and closed it. The program never gave me any message regarding the file save, but needless to say, I cannot find the file, and the file located on the Live Mesh Desktop folder is there, but was not updated with the new data. I believe that since the file was saved, and no error message was shown, that that version of the file must be somewhere, but where is my question?
Thanks.

look in the 'last folder where you saved an excel file'

also launch Excel itself and the look in the Open list to see if it is present

yup! I agree with jobeard.

Try to look first the last folder where you save excel files.

:)

-- InnOVative

If you still can't find it, you can search Windows for the file name. The one that you know the location of will be listed but so should the other one.

It turns out that the file was located in Temporary Internet files, accessed by going to Internet Options/Browsing History/Settings/View Files options. Thanks.

I think its wouldn't go there. By default, it suppose to be in My documents, but like mailpup said, you can search it. In start button, go to search.

Back