cant get dvd on win98!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Emachine computer motherboard fried on us , so we have to use my older dell computer with win98. Now the software that came with my dvd burner doesn't have any drivers on it, but with xp my emachine, i didnt need to since xp automatically detecs one for you.. Now i found a link in techspot where i could download a a firmware update to use on win98 for my dvd to work,, but i can't get my computer to detect it, to use the download on... i try to install in new hardware and it sometimes comes up with new usb hardware, but i need the driver to install it on win98, how do i get around this so i can use the firmware download , cause i can't use the dl unless i can get my dvd burner in my comp.? please in need some help.. i use my dvd burner alot and i am lost without it.

DVD problems

Which software do you have for burning? Win98 usually doesn't have problems installing DVD burning programmes. It should find your dvd burner automatically. Did you look in "device manager" to see what CDROMS are shown? You will have to emable DMA to burn anything but that is found in the CDROM properties.
We need more info to help past this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back