Cant get klipsch 5.1 speakers to fully work on asus with realtek hd audio manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

SornyPanafonic

built a new comp with the asus p5w dh deluxe with its 8 channel or whatever audio capabilities, installed the RealTek HD Audio manager but i cant get my subwoofer to do anything. everything comes down to the front 2 speakers in terms of bass. ive tried a number of switches but now im thinking maybe they just wont do. the last batch of klipsch i had were thx certified (older models of the ones i have now) so i figure these are as well but the retarded realtek only does dolby, im sure that has nothing to do with it but it wont list 5.1 on its options. as a note, i get sound out of my center speaker but again nothign out the subwoofer. i have a soundcard, a soundblaster from way back in 2001 that supports 5.1 but i figured this would do a better job.

setup is:
core 2 duo 2.4
geil 2gig 6400
asus p5w dh deluxe
HIS x1800gto (trying to get to xl)
sata 250
ata 80 and a dying 40gig (trying to get as much stuff out of it as possible before i throw it away)
dvd burner

I could be way off, but the Realtek audio software usually gangs the sub into the speakers. So, 5.1 = 6 speaker config. 7.1 = 8 speaker config.

Not sure how you have things wired back/panel and in the software, but perhaps trying the 6 speaker setting may fix things.. unless it's for Dolby surround only (which expects your speakers to do the crossover/encoding).

i cant believe this post actually went up. as soon as i clicked to put this baby up my sata hd died and my whole comp went down, the blue screen about failed hardware and stuff came up and it was the end to my beautiful new setup. the hd i marked as dying is still missing that hal.dll and for the life of me i cant get to put it back in there. fixboot my a$s.

back on topic, sharkfood youre actually completely right, it does list everything as 2, 4, 6, and 8 speakers with no mention of subwoofer except on its stupid setup pictures. when i try each speaker they all work, except for the woofer which brings its noise thru the front speakers, sounding like crap.

so basically you think this realtek hd audio is basically garbage and that i shoudl just go back to my ancient live card? i mean my last gigabyte mb had better audio than this, amazing and they call it home media or whatever. for a $270 mb i sure expected better audio options.

anybody have any ideas? maybe different drivers? hmm i should look into that as soon as i get another hd.

onboard audio sucks...

you can try using other drivers to see if they help..

How many jacks do you have eg:
1: Front L & R
2: Rear L & R
3: Center & Sub

or 1 of each etc.?

If the 6-speaker setting nor uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers is working, I might suggest picking up an Audigy SE.. which you can get at NewEgg for under $30.

These have cleaner sound, higher signal to noise ratio, and 64 voice hardware support. Usually better and more compatible than the older SB Live's... and for under 30 bucks US, can't beat them.

ehh i didnt really wanna spend any more money, i agree $30 is cheap and as cheap as its going to get, but i really wanted to make this work (or at least try my darnest before giving in.) My on board audio has 6 jacks in the back
front r & l <= being used in current setup
Back r & bl <= wont channel sound to back speakers
Side r & sl <=being used for what should be back speakers
center and sub <= channels all sound to center and bass to front r & l
plus 2 more for mic and headphones i think

the weirdest thing is that the center speaker works, with past audio cards, it wouldnt but this one it does but no bass to sub.

hmm its def not going to work, ill try different drivers than maybe get that audigy since its being recommended. any other audio cards under $50?

can't go wrong with the audigy.. any card is always better than onboard..

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but you've tried changing cables or around?

i have but it alerts you when you unplug the jacks and when you replug em it asks to identify what set of speakers its for, it was impressive at first but now its just proving to be completely utterly useless since i basically have to lie to it in order to attempt different jacks. it wont work tho i have to go with a sound card if i want to utilize my ginormous sub, which i very much do since everything sound high pitched right now.

hang on, did you enable the 5.1 speaker output setting in the realtek driver?

I think there may be a way to disable the auto-jack senseing.. i havn't used it for so long..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back