case modding

By Dantrag · 4 replies
Aug 12, 2003
  1. i would like to put a fan either side of my computer (on each side panel nice in the middle) how would i do this? i would put 80mm fans on each side
  2. Butterball

    Butterball TS Rookie Posts: 75

    First off, I’d recommend that you do one on the side, and one on the top, as a blow hole. This way you get good flow instead of two fans trying to pull air form the same place, creating a possible "dead zone" of air.

    To physically do it, get your self a key hole saw (looks like a reg drill bit with a cup mounted around it) drill you hole, mount the fan AND A FAN GUARD!!! Use self tapping metal screws to hold the fan and guard in place
  3. Dantrag

    Dantrag TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 135

    i've got 1 fan sukking the air out of my system. there's no room voor a front fan... but would i need to have a fan blowing air in to my system. if so i would rather not use the top 1 for because at the LAN its quite dusty
  4. enduser

    enduser TS Rookie Posts: 17

    I have read that if you are not careful that you can mess up your case pretty bad using a holesaw. I would like to put a top fan in one of my cases but fear it would look terrible when I was done.
  5. Telexen

    Telexen TS Rookie

    It's rather simple using a hole saw...drill...push down. It takes skill to mess that up.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...