CCleaner finding cookies for the i-net even when I haven't been on and have cleaned

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should remove the following lines from your hijackthis report using the fix tool.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
O16 - DPF: {DA758BB1-5F89-4465-975F-8D7179A4BCF3} (WheelofFortune Object) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/WoF.cab31267.cab
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Well, my computer would not boot up past a selection of safe mode and normal mode for some reason, so we used the hidden hard drive to completely clear everything off. So it shouldn't be a problem anymore, I will send you fresh logs after I get done with everything.

If you've been using Steam to play games then you've been on. Steam uses Internet Explorer to display the splash screen that some servers have when you join a game, and it uses it to display ads to you after you stop playing games.

I'm no expert but your HJT log seems fine except for a bunch of crap programs and browser settings from HP.

Alrighty, yes I do use steam, but even when I have exited it and wait for an hour or so there is around 436 temp files in I-net explorer when I don't use IE at all. Thanks for the response though! Oh, and is there anything I should change with regards to all the "crap"? I have all the defaults loaded and haven't got around to changing most of it.

Spybot S&D has a good cookie cleaner and it is free.

you appear to be allowing "3rd party cookies"

check your browser settings and only allow Session and 1st party cookies.

Yes, I use S-S&D as well as AVG Antispyware. I went to IE and changed the cookie setting to high instead of medium as well as changing some other settings in both my browsers. I only use firefox, sometimes other family members might use IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back