CD Burner wont burn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have a Gateway laptop 400vtx. I put the files I need into Windows media player and put in my blank cd. now it says i have 80min free then i put the files in the burn cd section. then says i have whatever minuets i have left lik 1:23 left. then i click burn!! it burns the cd so it is sayin then when i put my cd in a cd player nothing happens. i then put that cd in my comp and it says 80min left like nothing happened..
HELP PLEASE.

THANK YOU

Either your burner is broken or your doing a simulated burn. Does the CD get warm after it's "burned"?

yes its warm just like if it were burnt

anyone have any suggestions. it still plays dvds and reads music. what are some things i can do to see if it works

ANY one have any suggestions

PLEASE ANYONE.. I will greatly appreciate it

Settle down man, you have hardly given anyone a chance to reply before posting again.

95% chance your burner is dead. You can get a DVD/CD Burner now for under $30, just go buy a new one.

If you don't want to believe me, then uninstall the drive from device manager, also wouldn't hurt to remove the IDE Controller (or sata) that it is connected to, and reboot. There is an ultra small chance something got corrupted somehow. The remaining possibilities are you are doing something wrong in WMP.

My experiences with WMP are horrible, i hate it. But anyway when I've tried Burning music cd's in WMP it burned me mp3 cd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back