CDRW/DVD problem, shows as Removable Disc in My Computer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

supportme

Hi, I have a SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD, Win XP Pros, the driver is recognized in MyComputer as Removable Disc, and it is not listed in device manager, it is recognized in the BIOS, I tried unplugging and replugging and also tried running Add New H/W Wizard, but it not recognizing the drive. Please help me.

if this is a new drive the most likely cause of the problem is that the jumper is not properly set. if it is alone on the ide cable then it should be jumpered as master. ( most DVDRW's come with the jumper set to master) if it is on the cable with another drive then one drive must be set to master adn one to slave.

it is not a new

Hi,

It is not a new drive, but an old drive, CDRW/DVD combo drive, it had been working properly,

THen the other possibilit is that the drive itself is the problem due to it is going bad. or it could be a windows file system problem. one thing you can try is to uninstall the IDE channel the drive is on in device manager undet IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers then reboot and windows will reinstall the channel and the drive automatically when it starts and MAYBE fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back