Cell phone repeaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

So I just moved into a new apartment. It's a really nice place, even has it's own fitness center for the community, a car wash, and free coffee (will explain later with pictures I shall post... but not in this thread...)

Anyways, the building's structure here totally messes up any signals inside the apartment except for right by the window of my room, I get a bar of 3G signal. (And I mean RIGHT there... like press the cellphone against the glass...)

So I went online looking for a cellphone repeater to buy... but there are so many models, many of them ridiculously expensive (or they seem to be...).

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what to buy.
I just want to use my cellphone indoors... not out on the porch. I use voice, texting, and data services, thus I really would like to make it so that 3G signal from AT&T's tower gets there.
The apartment is 1400 square feet. (Yes it's huge, but there are 6 people living here though...)
I want to hopefully be able to use the cellphone relatively anywhere in the apartment.
If I can't have that, I'll settle for the 2 back bedrooms (mine and my mother / sister's bedrooms).

Any information on these things would be useful. I don't want to spend the 150 - 600$ and find out that it doesn't do what I want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back