Change Xp Key to legal one

Status
Not open for further replies.

conradguerrero

Hi everybody!

I bought Windows XP pro at a garage sale for cheap and guess what... its pirated just tried to update the thing

Is there a way to change the pirated key to another key without reinstalling windows?

thanx

Microsoft itself has an article on how to change the Cd key. this is for administrators that have a legitimate need to change the key.

and again for those who have a legitimate need to change the key ( perhaps they inadverdantly entered the wrong key) there is magical jellybean keyfinder which displays your current key and allows you to change it as well. you can find it at majorgeeks.com

this is not a hackers tool it is a legitimate piece of software meant to be used by people that have a legitimate key.

lol

i wouldnt never try to use a key generator, not because its illegal but because of all the virus/trojans that come with them

i thought that the key was legal, actually it was a vain, desperate hope that was proved wrong. thats what u get when u buy cheap software from a stranger. i had win 98 before but it was OEM and so i cant roll back cause i didnt back it up and have no win 98 disk

im happy with xp i have had zero blue screens of death so far and that makes me so happy!
:)

im assuming that if i buy an 'upgrade' copy i can use that key since 'upgrade' versions appear to be cheaper. i dont mind buying xp since its so stable imo.

That must have been some excellent pirating work since you couldn't tell the pirate CD from the original. With the holograms, manuals, certificates and original packaging and all..

I've seen some really professionally done ones... Although I've yet to see the holographic look done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back