Cheat-maker sorry for CoD players' "pain" after Activision legal threat

midian182

Staff member
Facepalm: If you’re going to sell cheats and hacks for popular games, be prepared to make some public apologies if the companies come after you. That’s what happened with CxCheats.net, which received a legal threat from Activision for its Call of Duty products.

CxCheats website offers cheats for several high-profile titles, including Apex Legends and PUBG. There were also Warzone and Modern Warfare cheats that included aimbots and increasing the radar size in the UI. As noted by Eurogamer, it even sold a Modern Warfare lobby tool, though Activision removed a YouTube video that promoted it following a copyright claim.

Activision, of course, isn’t happy about cheats being sold for its lucrative property. It’s a problem present in many online games and has been especially prevalent in the free-to-play battle royale title Warzone. As such, the company threatened CxCheats with legal action.

In a statement on its Discord server, which has now been taken down, CxCheats wrote: "As a result of our lawsuit with Activision, we have agreed to cease development and support for all Call of Duty related products or services sold through the site."

"These products will not be returning to CxCheats in any form." There’s also a warning that anyone who uses the cheats could have their Activision account banned or suspended. "We apologize for any pain we've caused to players of Call of Duty."

At the time of writing, the Cxcheats.net website can’t be accessed, presumably for reasons related to the legal threat. The CoD cheats had been removed, and those already sold were no longer functioning—some buyers started demanding their $60 back.

Unsurprisingly, not everyone is convinced that CxCheats’ penitent statement is sincere. One has to wonder why it sold the CoD cheats for so long if players’ pain was a concern, apologizing only when it got threatened with a lawsuit.

Permalink to story.

LOL, oh well. I prefer NON online games, engage the cheats, just to blow crap up at the
end of the day, and get a little release from work!

They'll just pop up somewhere else under another name with the same software. And since fewer people know about it, they can charge more to recover that missing income.

I havent seen anything new in terms of cheats. Cheating is a issue for Warzone, hope this helps slow things down a bit.

Pubg I would say had the worse cheating with flying cars n shooting through mountains across the map.

Best way to save a weeks worth of developers time & money, hire lawyers to stop cheaters which cost 10x-100x as much as those developers time & money, Good job for Activision for doing absolutely nothing lol.

Also.. whats to stop this guy from.. changing the cheats name & his name and then.... selling again.. lol

I guess Activision could actually put some effort into Anti-cheat into its products. The latest CoD has some of the worst cheating I've ever seen.

Honestly this has plagued COD for YEARS! Even when I still played the game you'd see a aimbot every 4th match or so. How can this mega company not have a better anti-cheat system.

Honestly this has plagued COD for YEARS! Even when I still played the game you'd see a aimbot every 4th match or so. How can this mega company not have a better anti-cheat system.
It's funny and sad all at the same time. I hadn't bought a CoD since CoD: MW (didn't get MW2 because they removed custom servers) and I heard the latest CoD was actually good.

I kinda regret giving them any money to be honest. I'd gone a good 12-13 years without CoD and I got suckered into it and somehow, in 13 years nothing has changed but everything has gotten worse. Updates are 80GB in size with a patch note of "lowered shotgun range", the game is over 200GB in size for some reason? It's on Battle.Net which seems to completely fall over every time a patch is released. Almost every time I open the game up, it wants to close and re-open again, then once it is open, it always wants to install shaders that take forever, Then it randomly decides my graphics settings and puts them to something weirdly low. Honestly, it's not the quality of a AAA title, it's barely B grade quality a year later after launch.

I'm still absolutely gob smacked it sells so well still.

It's funny and sad all at the same time. I hadn't bought a CoD since CoD: MW (didn't get MW2 because they removed custom servers) and I heard the latest CoD was actually good.

Odd... MW2, which I got as a promo from AMD when I bought a Phenom II, caused me to back off CoD completely... It was a hacker's playground. Aim-bots, wall hacks, XP hacks, etc. IIRC, there were some custom (or at least hacked) servers in rotation at the time. Of course the response to being a victim of the hacks was nothing they could do for you... (I got hit with the results of an XP boost hack. They said they couldn't reset my stats, which is BS, because it's just data in a database. That basically, the only way I could reset was to get a new account/copy of the game.)

LOL, oh well. I prefer NON online games, engage the cheats, just to blow crap up at the
end of the day, and get a little release from work!

When it comes to single player, I could care less who hacks/cheats. It doesn't affect anyone else outside that single player and their hardware.

Back