Check my log plzzzzzzz (dd have spyware probs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok hit by spyware or a worm something!!! as my name suggests im a noob at all this so could anyone please help.
Im sure it was only the worm that affects winupdates.exe.
I have followed a few threads and think its sorted could someone please look and tell me if there is something i have missed.

Thanks millions in advance u guy have a great forum here

Thanks

Wow u guys are so cool here thanks a million for the help was a little worried for a second. And yes instructions were great. This is a great forum I have learnt a fair bit from it I andmint im not a total noob software and hardware wise but new to hijack this and all this spyware / worm business. I am supprised norton internect security 2005 didnt pick it up but thats £50 worth of security for you!!!

Once again my hats off to you and check behind the bar m8 there is a pint of the black stuff in for ya!!!

Instructions are fine Real. It seems to be some peoples inability to follow them. Obviously Kev was on the ball.

Kev - shouldn't be surprised at Norman IS. You can get much better for a lot less, like free.

IronDuke
This is the second time I see you refer to Norman instead of Norton. Typo?
Both are AV and both are very low on the totem-pole, Norton being only slightly better than Norman.
Neither will ever see the insides of MY PC.

realblackstuff said:
IronDuke
This is the second time I see you refer to Norman instead of Norton. Typo?
Both are AV and both are very low on the totem-pole, Norton being only slightly better than Norman.
Neither will ever see the insides of MY PC.
RBS,
Bit of a whoops. I was supposed to be humourous. Now you you've enlightened me to the existence of Norman. :blush: No Joke.

Cheers.

omg!!!

omg what a plank !! I thought norton was the best!! Looks like i got some serious reading up to do!! Thanks u 2 will get on the case and have a look at whats what. I realy liking this forum though its great and shall be having a thourough read to see if i can help others as much as u have helped me. I hope to to have to post to many times about my problems but im sure there will be a few!!!

Any thoughts on microsoft antispyware? good or not?

He he - you're not a plank. Everyone starts learning somewhere.

People (of the uninformed variety usually) like to say that Norton is the best thing since sliced bread, but that's mainly because those very same people are either so suckered by the advertising and reputation that they can't possibly believe anything else, or because they've never known anything else.

Just take what "people" say with a pinch of salt, and make your own mind up after researching something yourself. That way you're opinion can be a lot more informed, and you learn a lot in the process.

As for MS Anti-spyware - well, personally I'm still being very cautious and staying away from it, but in all honesty, I've not really heared to much against it, all things considered.

Spike said:
... Everyone starts learning somewhere.
I can't seem to leave somewhere behind.

Haven't ventured into MS Anti-spyware myself, but the concensus seems to be favourable. Give it a whirl - its removable.

thanks again guys

once again thanks
I cant believe how many top people there are here.
All take a min out and give yaselfs a well deserved pat on the back.
Had more problems today grrrrrrrrrrrrr AOL sucks!!!
cutting me off every couple of mins. and believe me i was less than impressed. I dont use thier software so getting help from them is impossible. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (modem) and so far had a full 3 hours without disconnection!! woooohooooo!! So if anyone else has the same problem with aol and are using the voyager 105 modem give it a try I hear its a common problem!

Why??

Heh,do u hav Anti-Virus Installed??No?Winupdates.exe,is a Virus.Winupdates downloads u Powerscan.Get Avg Free at.free.grisoft.com>at the left select Download AVG Free.

R u running Win XP SP2??No

Download Sygate Personal Firewall.at http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm>at the right hand topselect Download

If u r running windows XP SP2

go to Microsoft.com>select MIcrosoft Antispyware Beta n download it.Select do not vlidate but take me to download.

get avg Free

run Avg free n scan the computer for virus.Use Ms ANti Spyware BEta N scan the computer for Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back