Check out this AIO liquid cooler that features a 1440p display and HDMI input

midian182

Staff member
Why it matters: All-in-one liquid coolers featuring their own displays aren't a new phenomenon, but this one from Barrowch stands out from the crowd. Not only does it offer a 1440p resolution, but it also has an HDMI input.

As reported by Tom's Hardware, the CPU block on Barrowch's water cooling kit features a 2.9-inch,1440 x 1440 display. That works out at over 700 pixels per inch (PPI), more that the highest PPI currently found in a smartphone: the OnePlus 9 Pro's 526 PPI.

The LCD screen, which uses a 5V micro USB interface for power, displays the usual CPU and GPU temperature monitoring. It also works with the AIDA64 system information and diagnostic tool to provide more detailed information.

For those who want to utilize the 1440p display for something other than stats, there's an HDMI input, allowing it to double as a tiny monitor.

Even without the fancy screen, the AIO kit alone looks enticing. It uses a 240mm radiator with dual RGB 120mm fans, complete with snazzy RGB lighting. It's also equipped with a 17W high-lift pump and a reservoir, and the coolant level can be seen through a transparent acrylic window.

Elsewhere, there's a multi-directional water inlet and separated function interface for independently controlling all the pump's functions. Buyers can also add their own cooling hardware to the kit to create a fully customized cooling loop.

Barrowch's cooling kit will support the AMD AM4 socket and Intel's LGA 115x and LGA 2011 sockets. No word yet on pricing or availability. For comparison, the Asus ROG Ryujin 360, which features an OLED screen, is around $290.

Permalink to story.

This is as stupid as 4k phones where back when they started appearing like 3 years ago. In fact I don't know a single case that would let somebody get close enough to even notice anything about 100dpi or so: if you're close enough to notice, you're probably close enough to get your hair caught in the fans or accidentally shorting your components with your drool.

If you have a desktop where the open panel is facing you, it looks OK - otherwise it's unneeded.

As far as I'm concerned, if thermals are an issue, then you need a AIO for your CPU aand an AIO for your GPU.

I'd like to see a kit that adds the AIO to the CPU, GPU and the SSD.

If you have a desktop where the open panel is facing you, it looks OK - otherwise it's unneeded.

As far as I'm concerned, if thermals are an issue, then you need a AIO for your CPU aand an AIO for your GPU.

I'd like to see a kit that adds the AIO to the CPU, GPU and the SSD.
Or just custom loop it? By the time you've spent that much on two decent AiO's, Brackets to attach to GPU, you're really not far off from being able to just custom build the whole thing.

A guy I live with has two AiO's, one for his CPU (5900x) and one for his GPU (1080Ti). I have a similar spec PC (8700K and 1080Ti) but I've gone full custom loop. I can push everything further while being cooler. It's almost embarrassing that I get better framerates in most games even though I use the same GPU purely because I've been able to clock everything higher and due to the cooler temps, all more stable as well.

I get not going full loop of you're only getting an AiO for one component but if you're splashing out on a case big enough to hold two plus brackets to make it all work, honestly, spend the slight bit more money on a custom loop. Fittings, Radiators, pumps and what not all continue to work flawlessly many upgrades down the road, you only really have to update the GPU block or CPU block (only if it's a major socket change).

Or just custom loop it? By the time you've spent that much on two decent AiO's, Brackets to attach to GPU, you're really not far off from being able to just custom build the whole thing.

A guy I live with has two AiO's, one for his CPU (5900x) and one for his GPU (1080Ti). I have a similar spec PC (8700K and 1080Ti) but I've gone full custom loop. I can push everything further while being cooler. It's almost embarrassing that I get better framerates in most games even though I use the same GPU purely because I've been able to clock everything higher and due to the cooler temps, all more stable as well.

I get not going full loop of you're only getting an AiO for one component but if you're splashing out on a case big enough to hold two plus brackets to make it all work, honestly, spend the slight bit more money on a custom loop. Fittings, Radiators, pumps and what not all continue to work flawlessly many upgrades down the road, you only really have to update the GPU block or CPU block (only if it's a major socket change).

I currently have a CPU with AIO and a 3090 with AIO.

I don't like nor want a custom loop. I prefer a factory built, factory sealed AIO. I don't want to have to do ANY maintenance.

My Arctic cooling AIO's pump just died after just 8 months of use, so I stuck my old faithful Noctua NH D14 on top my 3900X and there it goes again. The CPU sky rocketed to more than 90°C in just a few seconds and the mobo shut down instantly.
I think I'll stick with air cooling, the idea of having my CPU this high in temp is not too sexy to me...

I currently have a CPU with AIO and a 3090 with AIO.

I don't like nor want a custom loop. I prefer a factory built, factory sealed AIO. I don't want to have to do ANY maintenance.
I've done literally zero maintenance since I put it together. I don't really know where this stigma came from about custom loops needing to be looked after like a baby but it's really not true.

Strange though, as someone who likes to spend money on a 3090 and likes to brag a lot on the internet, I would have thought a custom loop would be right up your street.

I gave up on AIOs, they are louder as you have to have the case open for them to work so you hear it more, they fail more easily, coat loads and you can’t put anything on top of your PC! I switched to a noctua NHD-15 a few years ago and haven’t looked back.

Still, I want a screen like that. I already have an OLED screen on my power supply and my keyboard. Maybe after this I can get a screen on my RAM. Then get that stupid GPU with a screen on it. Actually isn’t there a ridiculously priced ROG motherboard with a screen?

I could end up with a system with literally dozens of screens!

Back