Checking file system on D: The type of the file system is FAT32

Hello. I want to find out why Windows does this cheking to my Memory Card. It happened while booting. After "Checking file system on D:
The type of the file system is FAT32." and other stuffs like: "Unrecoverable error in folder \System Volume Information\catalog.wci.", or "\Sounds\FosterThePeople-PumpedUpKicks(ButchClancyRMX).mp3 first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated." and "Cross link resolved by copying.
\Images\IMG00502-20121218-1525.jpg is cross-linked on allocation unit 6984." After this proces Windows started normaly. I've cheked my documents on the card and found out that some images were damaged and some old music appeared, but only samples, from about 18 seconds to 56. I foud, also, a "BOOTEX.LOG" file, written in Notepad. Could you explain what happened, please? &sorry if there are some bad spelled words.

It perhaps got removed incorrectly while some programs still had the file data open/in memory. I'd pull everything off the card, format it, and put the data back.

What is the card in? Does it have to be FAT32? Could you use ExFAT instead?

Folder \System Volume Information\* is where System Restore Points are stored - - IGNORE all diags in the directory.

"The type of the file system is FAT32" can not be associated with C:\\System Volume Information\ - - but may be the type of D:\

There's nothing wrong with a FAT32 partition other than not the best choice today.

get a command prompt and run CHKDSK D: /F to ensure it is sane.

It perhaps got removed incorrectly while some programs still had the file data open/in memory. I'd pull everything off the card, format it, and put the data back.

What is the card in? Does it have to be FAT32? Could you use ExFAT instead?

Well, while starting my PC, I've connected my phone(Samsung Ch@t 335) via USB in Mass Storage. Right before the "Welcome" screen this thing appeared. There are some other samples : "Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 6009. Orphan truncated.
Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 6010. Orphan truncated.
Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 6011. Orphan truncated.
Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 6012. Orphan truncated.
Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 6013. Orphan truncated.
Lost chain cross-linked at cluster 6014. Orphan truncated.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18560 corrected.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18561 corrected.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18562 corrected.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18563 corrected.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18564 corrected.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18565 corrected.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18566 corrected.
Bad links in lost chain at cluster 18567 corrected."
"Convert lost chains to files (Y/N)? Yes
70144 KB in 787 recovered files.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.
7635264 KB total disk space.
128 KB in 4 hidden files.
544 KB in 16 folders.
619648 KB in 1315 files.
7014912 KB are available.

32768 bytes in each allocation unit.
238602 total allocation units on disk.
219216 allocation units available on disk.
"

Yea, the SD card in the cell phone is corrupted and you need to reformat it as FAT32

You mean, like, a video camera, or something? I'm Romanian, there still are some things that I don't understand. Like, a Coolpix, for example, shall I use? This kind of cameras?

Back