Choosing motherboard on 1151

Hello, I`m choosing motherboard for new build on 1151 (3 series) there are some options on my local used market all of them almost same price and I could not decide ,
Asus TUF H370-PRO - 78 USD
GIGABYTE Z390 UD - 85 USD
MSI Z 390A-PRO - 85 USD
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus - 90 USD

at first I`m going for i3 9100f (upgrading from i5 4570) in future planing to go for maybe 9400f (almost never for i9 or one K models to overclock)

so which motherboard will be the best choice? thanks

Btw , USD is 3.2 times more in local money, so if other are not that much better, saved money can be used on other parts :)

It depends entirely on what you’re going to do with the computer or what requirements you’re expecting of it. For example, the H370 doesn’t allow overclocking, whereas the X390 does. The Z370 is an older chipset than the Z390, but the difference only lies in the maximum memory speed and amount supported, but all of them will support enough RAM for your needs.

The Asus has two M.2 slots, the others only have one - all of them has six SATA 6 Gbps sockets. If you need lots of USB sockets, especially USB 3.1 Gen 2 and Gen 1, then the MSI Z390 is the better option, but all of them have a decent enough number of USB sockets.

From the brief information given, it would seem the Asus model fits your needs perfectly well.

It depends entirely on what you’re going to do with the computer or what requirements you’re expecting of it. For example, the H370 doesn’t allow overclocking, whereas the X390 does. The Z370 is an older chipset than the Z390, but the difference only lies in the maximum memory speed and amount supported, but all of them will support enough RAM for your needs.

The Asus has two M.2 slots, the others only have one - all of them has six SATA 6 Gbps sockets. If you need lots of USB sockets, especially USB 3.1 Gen 2 and Gen 1, then the MSI Z390 is the better option, but all of them have a decent enough number of USB sockets.

From the brief information given, it would seem the Asus model fits your needs perfectly well.
Now I have asus h81m-k and only thing I wish I had is more ram slots that is all I expect from computer :D two m.2 slots is not that much of a need, I was thinking to buy z390 maybe because it will remain price to resell more than h370 after 2-3 years

I was thinking to buy z390 maybe because it will remain price to resell more than h370 after 2-3 years
There probably won't be much of a price difference between the two in 3 years time, but if you're aiming to get the maximum return then a Z390 would be the better choice. The MSI Z390A-Pro is probably the best one to pick, as it has the most 'future-friendly' sockets and features - the difference between this board and the others is pretty slim.

Don't forget that for your new build, you'll need to be buy DDR4 memory, as the new ones don't support DDR3 (which is what your current system has).

There probably won't be much of a price difference between the two in 3 years time, but if you're aiming to get the maximum return then a Z390 would be the better choice. The MSI Z390A-Pro is probably the best one to pick, as it has the most 'future-friendly' sockets and features - the difference between this board and the others is pretty slim.

Don't forget that for your new build, you'll need to be buy DDR4 memory, as the new ones don't support DDR3 (which is what your current system has).
ye ye I know, trying to sell mobo / cpu / ram and add some amount to buy new ones

I think I`ll go for cheapest

Modern motherboards can be very picky about RAM, especially if you’re looking to fill every DIMM slot. Check the vendor’s support page for the motherboard and look up the memory QVL: you’ll lots of different brands and models of memory. Some of them will only work stably when filling just 1 DIMM; some rated for 2, and only certain ones are fine with all 4 used. For example, I have an Asus Z390 Plus Gaming, with 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3000 - with 2 DIMMs used everything is fine, but using 4 causes minor glitches in games and on devices using the USB ports.

Asus ROG Maximus XII HERO. For the best motherboard for the latest Intel chips, you need one that brings plenty of power to the table, as well as intelligent cooling and support for faster memory. That's why the Asus ROG Maximus XII HERO gets our vote as the best Intel motherboard.

Back