Cid popups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billion

Holy crap!

EDIT: This was a reply to a thread about CiD popups. Actually, just in the time I've started posting in forums to try and fight this problem, I've been getting less of them, but half an hour ago I was getting one every 5 or 10 minutes. Annoying problem. =/

I just came to this site to post ask about this EXACT problem - I'm experiencing the exact same thing. OP, could you link me to the application you're using that gives you a log so that I can post mine here and get some help too?

Thanks!

I have moved your post to it`s own thread.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Billion only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi, Billion. Follow the link to the preliminary removal instructions and go straight through them and attach those logs to a new thread in the Security & the web forum and they will be looked though for you

edit: once again, howard's speedy supermod prowess has beat me to it ;)

Holy crap again. *bow down to mod powers* Thanks for getting my post all moved around to the right place.

EDIT: Thanks very much for the information - I'm going to follow the steps and go through everything a little later. Unfortunately I have to step out for a little while now. (I'll admit I was hoping I could find a quick fix for this.) I'll post again in this thread later on if I don't abolish this thing on my own. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back