Cleaning Up HiJackThis Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunner

Greetings and thanks for being here.
I have been cleaning up a friends PC that was highly polluted with Spyware and viruses. I did some preliminary removal of programs, then ran AdAware and deleted the indicated files. Then I ran AVG Anti-Virus and deleted the indicated files. I then ran HiJackThis and would like an experienced set of eyes to take a look and see what's left with any recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

Here is the HiJackThis Log File:

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of stunner only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Completed the Above

I have completed the above, SD would not update or run for some reason.

Here are my requested log files:

Attachments

• log_1-2-07_0619.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Report-Scan-20070102-061147.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE, download and run the peperfix.exe removal tool. Make sure you read the instructions carefully.

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of stunner only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ran peperfix

Downloaded and ran peperfix removal tool and followed instructions.
No peper files found on both runs.

Attached is the new HiJackthis log.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

zBsnscc.exe
Bwd9m.exe
wbwbmxen.exe

cnyx.exe
Ag2.exe
ZBX2Hjg.exe

bS5hU5.exe
dir.exe
irwuftj.exe

rwhklcv.exe
ALCXMNTR.EXE

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBsnscc] C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\zBsnscc.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2P6WFAX43ZHE7C] C:\WINDOWS\System32\Bwd9m.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wbwbmxen] C:\WINDOWS\wbwbmxen.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cnyx] C:\WINDOWS\cnyx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ag2] C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\Ag2.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZBX2Hjg] C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\ZBX2Hjg.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bS5hU5] C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\bS5hU5.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dir] C:\WINDOWS\dir.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vsgih] C:\WINDOWS\irwuftj.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Vzfctqt] C:\WINDOWS\rwhklcv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

O16 - DPF: {68E53982-CCCE-48C2-89B9-C3C97638F9B4} - http://www.odysseusmarketing.com/actsetup.cab

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\zBsnscc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Bwd9m.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wbwbmxen.exe

C:\WINDOWS\cnyx.exe
C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\Ag2.exe
C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\ZBX2Hjg.exe

C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\bS5hU5.exe
C:\WINDOWS\dir.exe
C:\WINDOWS\irwuftj.exe

C:\WINDOWS\rwhklcv.exe
ALCXMNTR.EXE<Search your system for this file and delete all instances found.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

Instructions followed, new log posted

Howard,

Booted into safemode.
Made hidden files visible.
Opened task manager/processes..none of the listed processes were running or deleted.
Went to listed paths, none of the files were found.
Searched for ALCXMNTR.EXE..found and deleted.
Fixed listed lines in HiJackThis.
Rebooted.
Hid hidden files.

New HiJackThis log attached.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on again.

Doing the above will delete all your restore points and the nasties in them. It will also create a new clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Thank You

Thank you Howard for all the help. What you and this website do is very much appreciated.
I am all set and this thread can be closed.

Cleaning up polluted machine

Hello.
I'm cleaning up a machine and need some help with HiJackThis log to finish.
Machine is running Win 2000 Server that has been used as a normal PC.
I have already performed the actions in the preliminary thread as advised.
AVG Antivirus will not run with Server.

My HiJackThis Log is attached.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards N1Hawk

This thread is for the use of Stunner only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Preliminary Removal Instructions were accomplished prior to opening thread.
AVG AntiVirus will not run with Win 2000 Server.

Attached are my HJT and AVG Log.

HiJackThis Log

I have merged your new thread into this one.

You`re not running any antivirus or firewall software.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for installing the above programmes and running a full system scan.

Post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Hello Again Howard.
I am currently running Freedom Internet Security and Privacy which has Antivirus, Antispyware and Firewall.

I tried to install both AVG and Avast antispyware but neither will run with Win 2000 Server.

I am attaching a new Freedom scan log.
I cannot upload the Freedom file straight as it is an html file so I renamed it .html.log Just rename it back and remove the .log and it should read fine.

Here is my new HJT log.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Pribi.exe
arpa.exe
w?nword.exe<The question mark can be any random number/letter etc.

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {5BFD825D-3799-6A6D-B9ED-30A67D5D96C7} - C:\WINNT\system32\mnzsplta.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5BFD825D-3799-6A6D-B9ED-30A67D5D96C7} - C:\WINNT\system32\mnzsplta.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [\Pribi.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Pribi\Pribi.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aaau] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\CROSOF~1.NET\arpa.exe" -vt yazr

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sipa] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\?icrosoft\w?nword.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html

O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll

O16 - DPF: {3FE16C08-D6A7-4133-84FC-D5BFB4F7D886} (WebGameLoader Class) - http://i.grab.com/media/d3d944/games/files/222/222.cab

O16 - DPF: {6FDB0065-2787-11D6-B1D8-0001023916FC} (CLOActiveXInstaller Control) - http://www.igl.net/clo/install/grab/CLOActiveXInstallerProj1.cab

O16 - DPF: {87056D28-9730-4A47-B9F9-7E890B62C58A} (WildfireActiveXHost Class) - http://media.grab.com/media/35f4a8/games/files/1147/axhost.cab

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: wowexec.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\CROSOF~1.NET<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\?icrosoft<Delete the entire folder.
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Pribi<Delete the entire folder.
C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wowexec.dll

Once your system has rebooted, rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Sorry for the delay.
Did what was asked.
None of the proccesses listed were found.
Killbox did not find the file.

Attached is a new HJT log file.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

This is the filepath you need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINNT\system32\dtyyak.dll

Post a fresh HJT log when done.

Have HJT fix these inactive entries.

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {7949FADE-4448-4BEB-6D20-1CE4C9B6EFCE} - C:\WINNT\system32\dtyyak.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7949FADE-4448-4BEB-6D20-1CE4C9B6EFCE} - C:\WINNT\system32\dtyyak.dll (file missing)

Click the fix checked button and close HJT.

Reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back