Clear cube case project

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubedPC

Hey all,
Some of you may remember that I posted a while back trying to see if there was enough interest in my computer cases to start making them in quantity to sell. I decided to go ahead and make them, and wanted to share the results with you guys. I just finished making a bunch of clear cube cases and putting my computer into one of them. I also added a lot of lighting, sleeved my PSU, added a second HDD, and put a clear cover on my PSU. I really am pleased with the results, but I think there is a little missing still, and want to hear some ideas. I think that some additional lighting in blue under the motherboard and some yellow LED's shinning on the sound and video cards would help it out a lot. Here are some pictures:

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

If you are interested, there are a lot more pictures of it available at http://www.cubedpc.com/photos.htm, and information is at http://www.cubedpc.com/thecube.htm
-Steve

cool. very nice job. it would be cooler if there was some way to get the faces of the cd and dvd drives clear. maybe you could fashon your own some way? very nice job on the site as well. have fun making money with them.

Thanks. I'm actually thinking of taking the case of the cd drives to get chromed :-D I think that would look sweet with the hard drive. I sorta wish i had got an aluminum CPU cooler and ram cooler, instead of copper like they are now.

Awesome

That is some awesome stuff...a fe wthings I personally would like to see:

1) Different colored material for the case itself
2) More slots for CD bays etc
3) What are your prices right now?

I checked out your site - awesome stuff there! I'm impressed and wish I had one of your cases - but I just bought a new case a couple days ago which I won't be returning. Good luck with your business venture though! :)

lowman: I would love to have different colors, and want to do it in the near furture. WHat colors do u think would be best? i think a black mirrored would be sweet as well as blue uv reactive for the first ones. I have to get some more money saved up before doing that though.
LNCpapa: Do you go to Notre Dame? I am actually running my bussiness out of Fisher hall right now, and am an Electrical Engineering undergrad.

Actually - I work here! I'm in Ed Tech Engineering (small part of the OIT - but don't tell anyone.) Would love to see some of your cases irl.

Colors

I have a thing for the "ice blue" colors in see-thru...blood reds work well...clear is nice because you can do different color neon and stuff...maybe some cases made of different color panels...the sky is the limit...you can even get into decal motifs for some of them...flame jobs like on hot rods and such...

I dont think the hard drive looks very good where it is.. Its like a big glob of black. I think switching the hard drive's spots with the PSU's spot would look cooler, though that actually layout would kinda suck =\

Looks like you did a pretty good job, but its not lit very well.

LNCPapa: Awesome, PM me if you ever want to see them irl. Like the Blue and Gold theme? :D
agissi: The hard drives are a little dark, but it is really the only viable location in the computer. I think my windowed HDD that is on its way and some 3mm LEDs that would fit in the screw holes in front of the hard drive would make that area look a lot better.

Looks very awesome. Good job on your project.

I would like to comment on a few things...

1) The CD Drives need to be anything but white/beige... it's too standard its like looking at an insanely custom modded case and seeing generic color cd drives... doesn't go.

2) The Hard Drive being black looks great. But, since it is in front of the case, try adding a few LED lights on the corners of the Hard drive, that way, when you look at that "black spot", you'll see some nice color!

3) What would also look nice is if you had LED lights that shined down on the CDROM drives.. that would add a little more flavor.

Very nice work!

I just noticed that my hard drive looks black, its actually very shinny silver (practicaly mirror finish) and I took the photo on a black sofa. I think that the cd drives will be the first change i need to make, chrome them, or paint them or something. I think a good professional chroming job wouldn't be too expensive and it would look great.

Just don't get the cheap looking plastic chrome... you know... the look of the crappy hub caps u can buy at kragen... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back