Cliched PSU issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so long ago my power supply started ripping it up like a motorboat and yes I have done some research on some possible causes. I don't want to buy a new power supply unless it's 100% out of my power to fix so, I wish that anyone with any knowledge on how to fix this issue would share.

List of things I've tried.
Compressed air ( numerous times WITH straw all over the PSU fans.

The odd thing is, if I tilt my cpu horizontally meaning that the mobo is parallel to a table the PSU doesn't make a motorboat sound, but still a distinct sound indicating that something is wrong. Once I tilt it back vertically it starts to motorboat again.

My PSU has been working up until now, so issues pertaining to if it doesn't have enough juice are irrelevant. If there is a proper way to air compress my PSU lemme know.

Model: CoolerMaster....something. 550w

*note* when it shuts down from the horizontal position I can hear some fan stress when it stops.

Please help.

Power supplies can die over a period of time. But a new psu, save yourself the trouble of frying your whole system.

my silencex psu did that once, the fan was in place, not by screws but rubber thumb nails, one got lose, so it would hit something on the inside if i didnt place it just right. I eventually opened it up to fix it though, That does void warranties though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back