Clueless on what is the problem. Could it be the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manacloud1

what can be the problem?

awhile ago i bought all new parts to build a new computer. Here are the specs

motherboard - D925XCV intel board
Processor - intel p 4 3.6 gighertz 1 mb l2 cache
1 gig of ddr2 ram
new hard drive 60 gig hd
and an asus extreme edition pro x700 series video card.

First i thought it was the ram so i returned it and they returned it saying they have tested the ram and its in working condition. So it wasnt the ram then i thought it was the graphics card. I returned it and they returned it saying its in working condition and was tested.

I havent returned the mobo yet because i dont know if it is the mobo because the green light turns on. I get no beeps so i dont know whats wrong and the processor seems to be working.

Here is the problem, I hook up everything. Set the drive on master. The computer turns on, but the monitor doesnt receive a signal then it shuts off 30 seconds afterwards.

I dont know what the problem is, could it be the processor or the mobo? or possibly my monitor? my monitor works with my old computer however its an envision. I requested an rma from intel for the mobo and they are asking for 25 bucks to just check the mobo, what should i do? Anyone can help me out here on what could be the problem? :(

Did you apply a thermal compound to the top of the processor and put a heatsink and fan on top? If so, did you plug in the fan to the motherboard for power? I'm assuming yes but it never hurts to ask. If your monitor's not receiving a signal at all then I would tend to go with the video card. Make sure everything is firmly put in place.

hmmmmmmmmmm

heres the thing, the video card has power because the fan on it is working. and Yes there is thermal compound on top of the processor and there is a heat sink and everything is firmly into place. If the board shuts down after 30 seconds wouldnt it be a mobo problem? However there are no beeps so i dont know whats wrong. Plus i returned the graphics card already and they said nothings wrong with it.

hmm

well the other day i tried going back to the start. and the mobo runs just fine with the processor and ram. No beeps, im just receiving no signal to the monitor. Btw the mobo has no onboard graphics.

hey are you sure that your video card doesnt need a separate molex power connector to work 'cause x700 is kind of a beefy/powerful card.also is your mobo and card agp or pci express.what psu do you have???

oh

i forgot to mention it is a pci express card. I mean it should work without the molex power thing your talking about, its just a card. What i heard from another person on here that the ax700 only works with some monitors like an lcd so i am very confused. I even returned it and asus sent it back saying no problems. However i still receive no signal to the monitor but i know its working cause the fan on it is running. In addition the mobo is providing the card energy to run so i know thats in step.

i had exactly the same problem when i put a new mother board and a new video card in my pc. i upgraded my power supply and it worked fine. take out your video card and try starting it up with just processor and ram, it should work. what is your power supply?

Maybe it's the power supply. Try using a higher rated psu. Maybe a 450w-500w. Are you deriving your monitor power from an external source or directly from your PC's psu? Is your monitor CRT or LCD?

hey ...first of all I dont think its anything like that (works with only lcd monitors).there are only 2 popular types of video interface vga and dvi,if you have either most probably the former one than there is no reason it shouldnt work with crt monitors.so the bottomline is if the plug fits in, it should work.
here are a few things you should try-first check for any earthing no part beneath the mobo should be touching the case directly.two if you have any other monitor,try that and check that your monitor works fine.read the documentation that came with the mobo.maybe you have to reset some jumpers for the onboard vga to turn off,also check the cmos jumpers are set at close. also try to run your pc without a video card for a second and check the cpu fan when you turn it on, see if it spins.if you have tried all the above try a new psu.

hope this helps.

uhhh

i have a crt monitor 19 inch envision. My power supply is 500watts, the thing is its powering the entire computer and the fan on the card spins so i know its powered. Asus told me there is nothing wrong with the card i have because they sent it back mark works just fine. The computer runs without the graphics card so i know the mobo and everything is working. Ill mention again the monitor works on my old 1.6 gighertz p4. This is very confusing problem i dont know how to fix and i dont want to buy another graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back