Codec problems on WMP11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hai guys,
I found a problem on pc.Here it is that Some of the video format files like (.mkv,.avi,.mp4...) couldn't be played on WMP11. That makes me worry of installing some other player like VLC. I m novice to this forum. I feel good if u respond.

Have you updated the codecs ?
K-lite Codec pack
Should have the latest Matroska container build as well as the Gabest mp4 splitter (if it doesn't download the 5.6.8 beta or visit the Gabest site)
It's fully compatible with WMP11.

Well I don't know about K-lite's configuration abilities; but i prefer MPC-HC x64 because i can configure the way i want it to use my GPU while playing back various video formats. Thats pretty cool. It'll be great if you can enlighten us in that respect though :)

If you have Windows 7 then WMP12 includes DXVA and VC-1 decode. It's easy enough to install the k-lite pack (or CCCP or individual codecs) that WMP can access although WMP12 will try to force it's own decoders rather than third party ones. As our poster quoted WMP11 I assume that they do not have WMP12.
If you have WMP11 then playback of most video media should not be problematic. I would use VLC as well -there isn't a lot of video files it cannot access. Using both in addition to an updated k-lite should handle most situations.
Most standalone all-in-one players have at least one achilles heel. I found that .m2ts files don't seem to work to well in MPC-HC for example, whereas Haali's splitter works fine with ffdshow in WMP as well as VLC.

I guess they all are pretty much alright; it comes down to whichever one may prefer over the other personally :)

For now, I'll stick with MPC-HC x64, its cool to have the ability to configure gpu shaders according to your preference of video playback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back