Comcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robgamer

I bought a Comcast High Speed Internet Self Install kit without the Internet plan. Now how do I get the service plan without having to have a guy come out and install it. (I already have a cable jack that has my tv hooked up to it with comcast tv)

First off how did you just buy a comcast self installiton kit did you get it from comcast or like ebay? I have adelphia cable internet and I ordered it online and went into the local adelphia office picked up the kit and it is just cable wires, usb, ethernet, cable spilter but not the cable modem you buy those yourself. But I already bought my cable modem ahead of time like a few days before I picked up the kit. Then I had to call adelphia and give them the MAC ID at the bottom of the modem so they could put in into their system then well la it works. Also I had to wait a week extra or so tho before I even had the internet becuase they had to go outside my house and untrap wires in my area they are traped for some reason. But I doubt you will have to thats just where I live. But my service wasnt charged during that time. But yeah cable is easy to install just plug the cable into the cable outlet then into the modem then plug the modem in then run either the usb or ethernet cable to the comptuer or you can run an ehternet cable to a wired or wireless router to share the internet among serval computers. I hope this helps.

I've Comcast a number of times. You should have ordered the Internet service with the equipment - It doesn't make sense not to. :confused: It won't work until you do, obviously.

If you'd like to pick up the equipment yourself, you need to request that over the phone and pick it up at a local Comcast customer center.

If you'd like the equipment brought to you, they will send it with a technician by default.

If you'd like to install it yourself, just tell the technician you can take care of it and he won't. He'll just hand you the equipment and let you do the rest. Comcast will not charge you. You can even request to have them mail the equipment to you if you'd like to avoid a technician coming to your house for whatever reason.

call them up get a plan once it's activated
give them the MAC address of your modem(you got a cable modem right)
you don't need any software you may have to reboot both the machine and modem to get a ip address from dhcp server
don't have a modem well you can rent from comcast or buy one of tthe support
docsis 2 modems
I had a spare ,but tore it up playing with it
they will not mail the equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back