Compaq computer will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagatai

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a compaq desktop computer that will not get past the title screen and wont boot up. I cannot hit f8 or anything on the keyboard to let me get anywhere so that I can try to fix it. I would like to get it to boot up and possibly save some of the info that is ont the computer my daughter has alot of files on there that she would like to keep so I am trying to do it without formatting the harddrive. Can anyone help?:eek:

i think you should clear your cmos. may be there is a problem with your bios.

the other way is connect your hdd to the other computer and copy necessary data.

if there is nothing you can do (last option formatting), after formatting you can use 'handy recovery' to recover the lost file, but there is no guarantee all file can be recover.

Yea I thought of that...can't get to the CMOS cause the screen will not react to any keystrokes...I am thinking I am going to have to take it in unless I can come up with something soon!!

clearing the cmos by connecting the clear cmos using jumper on the mobo. but different mobo diferent way. usually using jumper. you dont have to get into bios.

Thanks....works great on my laptop but i dont know how I am going to get it on my desktop cause I cant get it to bootup....is it a boot program as well?

that is not for you, my mistake. im sorry. may be you should read user manual for your desktop. then you will know how to clear your cmos.

Thanks when I get a chance I will try this....I think that it will work....I will post later and let you know. :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back