Compaq Laptop Keyboard Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

Two years ago I bought my daughter a Compac 6000 laptop for college. Yes, I realize this is not the top of the line system but it has been rock solid. She uses it primarily for school work and research, plus internet surfing, chatting, and occassionally will play a DVD or CD, but no gaming, etc.

Everything has been good but she has just informed me that the Shift and 8 keys had been sticking and she had to hit them a little harder to get them to work (she types fairly fast and has a light touch). Now those keys are working fine but the T key is now acting up in that she has to hit it twice in order to work.

Laptop hardware is something I really don't mess with except upgrading RAM or changing out harddrives.

Any ideas of what we may be looking at and possibly corrections? Thanks

Have just seen this issue last week and customer was adamant that it was a keyboard fault. It ended up being that there was bits of toast stuck under the keyboard which was causing the keys to stick =/. If you get a can of compressed air then you can blow out junk from under the keyboard (could be a build up of grime not just food), and I think there are good keyboard cleaners these days

Could be a long shot, but it always pays to check it out :)

Other then that, it could be the keyboard starting to slowly give up. Keyboards are rather cheap these days however and HP generally are easy to get parts from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back