Compaq Presario 2100 keyboard trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i have acquired a Compaq Presario 2100 recently, it boots into xp ok but some keys do not work i.e R,D,FG,V they are from the same area of the keyboard and i cant see any signs of damage, other keys work fine. Would you reccommend a keyboard replacement for this matter or other solution? best regards, Lee (sorry if this the wrong forum area for my question.....Noob!)

Yep, odds are if it had anything to do with the interface it wouldn't be isolated to a few keys. Replace the keyboard...

Cheers Zenosinks, i will try to do this and get back with the results, although i hav'nt done it before it cant be that tricky?...can it........??? ha ha, regards, Lee

Not really. You could try cleaning it out with a can of compressed air first, however, ironically enough about a month ago I had to replace a keyboard on a Toshiba that had pretty much the same issue except it was the 1, 2, Q, W and E keys.

You can download the service manual for your laptop here, and you can take a look at keyboards on eBay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back