Computer booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

So I have been facing booting problems on my computer for about a year now.Six months ago my computer start to shut off suddenly while i was using it and my uncle didnt know whats causing the problem so he just BROUGHT me a motherboard and a PSU (which i do not know if its new or not cause the motherboard has been configured).So for six months it has been working fine then i started having problems.The first problem was the hard disk having ticking sound so i stop using it since i have 2 hard disk. It works fine for about 2-3 months then it start to have problems again. At first I can still switch it on and use it for hours but if i try to restart it it will restart like normal but when it reaches to showing the windows logo (where it says "welcome") it will restart again and try to boot itself again and the same thing happens but this time it will just shut off without restarting.And the weird thing is if I try to switch it on again after 30minutes -1 hour it will boot up successfully(depending on how long i have been using it) so i just let this problem be since i can still boot it. Then my hard disk start to have scratching sound but i didnt care about it and it got worst and i cant boot it so i change it back to the hard disk with the ticking sound and it works fine but i still have the same booting problem where i have to wait for hours after i shut it off before i can boot it up again.But the problem got worst this time cause I have to wait for like 4 hours. But i still bare with it but it got worst again. Now even if i wait for hours and boot it up again it will boot up successfully but it will use a long time to boot and when its done booting it will suddenly give me a black blank screen and the CPU is still on, the monitor will also be on, the fan is running and the hard disk too but nothing is loading.Only a blank black screen and nothing. Today i was able to switch it on so i took the opportunity to post this.Hope you guys could help me.Sorry for the long post.Oh yeah not to forget sometimes when my comp lags it will repeat the audio/sounds.For example: when i watch a video thats saying "example" and if my comp lags the video will sound like "e e e e e e e e e e e example". Another thing I notice is i do have overheat problems but even after its cool down and has cleaned I still have these problems.

This is what i have:

Intel
Pentium 4
2 ghz
and i have 708 mb of RAM but today i replaced it to 480 RAM just in case its causing too much stressed to the PSU but it doesnt seem like the problem.
And again sorry for the long post.Hope someone could help me. Thanks

"and i have 708 mb of RAM but today i replaced it to 480 RAM"...
This RAM configuration seems strange. What motherboard are you running? Are you mixing different RAM modules?

Yeah.But anyway i've solved the problem and thanks for the reply. It was just some problem with my RAM slot and the heat sink so i've changed the heat sink and use only my 512mb RAM.Cause my other RAM slot cant use for inserting RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back