Computer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I read the previous topic about computer crashes. but I think mine its different because it acts weird. for example last night I start experiencing this effects, like for example Im working and suddenly freezes, or sometimes it takes an hour to freze or maybe 10 minutes or even 1 so i dont know when my next freze will be. but the fact is that when I reboot my computer the monitor does not turn on so I have to unpluggled the cable and wait like 20 minutes to start over again, sometimes it does not work it taskes a full day to answer, so this is driving my crazy, even when I try the Mcafee virtual technical suddenly stops or even the Window fixer program that is included stops so what is the problem, I checked the Bios and it seems normal so I dont know what to do.

Sorry for the bad writting but I dont know when the next freeze will be.

Another case of bad caps on the mobo or failing power supply perhaps since it boots after cooling down, please provide full system spec including make and model of the power supply.

Have you checked inside the case for dust?

Ok here it this I dont know if this is the right info but this is what I founf in my manual with all the especifications yes I have checked for dust, there's no dust inside the computer.

Platform - Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6-in x 8.0-in, 24.4 cm x 20.3 cm
CPU - Socket 478 for Intel® Pentium® 4 / Celeron® D (Prescott,
Northwood, Willamate) processors
- FSB 800/533/400 MHz
- Supports Hyper-Threading Technology (see CAUTION 1)
- Supports Untied Overclocking Technology (see CAUTION 2)
Chipset - Northbridge: VIA® P4M890
- Southbridge: VIA® VT8237R Plus

Memory - 2 x DDR DIMM slots
- Support DDR400/333
- Max. capacity: 2GB

Hybrid Booster - CPU Frequency Stepless Control (see CAUTION 3)
- ASRock U-COP (see CAUTION 4)
- Boot Failure Guard (B.F.G.)

Expansion Slot - 3 x PCI slots
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 1 x AMR slot
BIOS Feature - 4Mb AMI BIOS
- AMI Legal BIOS
- Supports “Plug and Play”
- ACPI 1.1 Compliance Wake Up Events
- Supports jumperfree
- AMBIOS 2.3.1 Support

Hardware - CPU Temperature Sensing
Monitor - Chassis Temperature Sensing
- CPU Fan Tachometer
- Chassis Fan Tachometer
- Voltage Monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, Vcore
OS - Microsoft® Windows® 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP compliant

The information is somewhat general, is this a brand name computer? If so, make and model ... what does the cover of the manual say?

Let the system cool down, re-start, download and run CPUZ

Install and Remove

CPU-Z does not need to be installed. Just unzip the files in a directory and run the .exe. In order to remove the program, just delete the files.
The program does not copy any file in any directory, neither writes in the registry.

Once the result window comes up, go to the last tab (About) do a registers dump, save the file and attach it to your next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back