Computer Doesnt Boot After Swapping Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer started to reboot randomly because of my 2 200GB WD HDD so i thought that it would be a good idea to buy a new case where you can add fans to.
So i went out and bought one. When i took out the parts and put them in the case, it doesnt boot anymore. I think it may be the motherboard because it doesnt even beep when i take out the ram, and the cpu fan still works. Anyone else come across this problem? Here are the specs (if it will help diagnose the problem):

ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
2x 200GB Western DIgital Caviar SE Hard drive
LG 12x Dvd-rom Drive
NEC 4x -/+ Dvd-burner
768 MB DDR 400 (samsung)
MSI Tv Anywhere Pro Tv Tuner Card
ATI Radeon 9200 Video Card

when i say it rebooted because of my hard drives... i meant that they made so much heat that my cpu temperature went up to over 110F while playing games.

First of all, a cpu temperature of 110F is not overheating. If that is the highest it goes while playing games, the cpu is adequately cooled. Second, the cpu doesn't get any significant heat generated by the hard drives. It generates its own heat. How did you determine that your hard drives are overheating anyway?

You might have a bad power supply, especially if you are using one that comes with the case. What power supply are you using (brand and wattage rating)?

edit: I posted this before I saw your second thread on this same problem. To avoid confusion I think it would be better to post the same problem only once.

Take everything completely apart, and put it all back together again. Ensure all components are firmly seated, and that everything is plugged in correctly. I am sure it will work when you do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back