Computer freezes

D

Dalton

Sometimes when I get up off the bed and touch the mouse and keyboard, the computer freezes and I have to press the power button and then boot up. This doesn't happen very often and I am wondering if static electricity can actually do this by touching the mouse and keyboard and send a shock to the computer and freeze the whole system. Is this possible? Thanks

It's a desktop with Windows 7 and the computer is on a metal desk if that would have anything to do with it. Also when this happens, the keyboard has no power at all but the light is still on on the mouse but if I unplug the mouse and plug it back in there is no power. Could static electricity do this?

I just recently bought the PSU brand new but not sure of the brand on how good it is. It is a Rocketfish 550w and read some reviews saying it wasn't the best brand but this is the only Rocketfish product I ever had so don't know if it is any good or not.

Not really good is it. I am not 100% sure but it might of started doing this after installing that PSU. I just can't remember if it froze like that before or not. I do remember weird problems with the mouse losing power and I was thinking it was from static and recently I plugged in a wireless mouse and the system froze up like less than a minute after being plugged in. Guess I will have to try a different psu and see what happens.

Yea I think I might just sell the Rocketfish and get something better. I have another one I can put back in this computer that was in here for a long time before, a Vigor XG 450w PSU and I just had it tested recently and has no problems at all. If I put that one back or buy one, either way I will probably sell the Rocketfish. Thanks for the help guys!

Back