Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
my system specs are:
AMD atholon dual X2 4800+
4 gb ddr ram
1900 radeon xtx blizard graphics card
jetway 939 gt motherboard

any high powered gsme i plsy will crash. the screen jus goe blank and cant do anything so i have to restart the computer

really quite annoying

PS know its not the sound as have disabled it and it still keeps crashing

Did you download/install the lastest driver for your video card from the manaufacturer's web site?

Did you monitor the temp readings? MIght be overheating. Does it happen after playing games for a while or does it happen almost immediately?

Have you checked for virus and spyware? For spyware, I recommend the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware

All are free and can be downloaded via the Internet.

Hey, I've had this problem for over a year now.

This problem started when I had my eVGA GeForce 6600GT. I thought it was the card going bad. This crashing happened on all 3D games I played that required a considerable amount of power. It's not overheating. It's not insufficient power. I thought it could also be the drivers, so I uninstalled them many times (as clean as possible) and installed the newest drivers out, that didn't work either. I even tried installing old drivers that I knew worked with the games, but that didn't work as well. I gave up on playing games.

Just recently, my 6600GT gave me more problems, so I thought it fried. I requested an RMA, got it approved, sent it in and received a free 7600GS upgrade. The SAME EXACT thing still happens during my games. So it can't be my video cards. I'm actually suspecting something is wrong with my motherboard. Maybe a bad AGP port or something else with my mobo. I have an ECS L4VXA2 P4 2.4 GHz.

I'm not saying this is the same problem you have. This problem drove me crazy. I'm thinking about just ordering a replacement mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back