Computer Privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be starting a business here very soon. Most of the employees will have their own PC which will be hooked up to our network. I was wondering what is the best program to limit what they are able to do to the computer. The PC's will be running Windows XP. I want to make it so they can't install things from exes, can't modify important settings, can't delete programs, and that sort of thing.

I would also like a website filter program on our network. To filter out time wasting sites like facebook, myspace, youtube, ect...I know I can block these myself manually, but I didn't know if there is some software that has a much bigger list than what I could think of.

I would also like the ability to bypass these myself, since I am the owner, maybe through my account or password.

My last request/question is that I am going to have about 10 Computers and the server. At my old work, we could log into our account from any computer hooked up to the network and everything would be transfered to the pc, since it was all stored on the Server. How would I begin to set this up?

I really appreciate any help or responses I can get, because I don't even know where to start...

Nothing you requested can be answered properly in the space available. Now is the time to get a good book from Amazon or other such site.
There is so much work involved in setting up a new business, that most owner/managers are wise to get somebody to do this task... Costly, but if you take the time this project requires, you are likely to screw up elsewhere.
Give the job to a young hotshot who needs the experience for his CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back