Computer quit with BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilloz

I was in the middle of checking my email when I got the BSOD. I powered down the computer and waited 30 seconds. When I went to power it up, the HDD LED came ON steady, all fans were running, but nothing happened. I tried another memory stick and the same thing. I tried another hard drive, still nothing. Tried resetting my Bios and nothing. Any hints here as to what else I can try? This is my old computer with a K7 mobo (Dragon Soyo Plus), AMD 1900+, 1 GB PC2100, 80GB HDD and MX4000 GeForce DDR 128MB video card. Thanks.

Hi gilloz,

Have you tried disconnecting all externals except keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Cheers,

Taff.

No, not yet and thanks for responding Taff. I don't get any of my beeps that I normally get when I power up the computer. I always get my first beep, then 5 seconds later I get 2 beeps and then the normal boot up sequence starts. As I said before, as soon as I switch ON the computer, the hard drive LED comes ON and stays ON and nothing else happens, but all the fans are working and the sequence of lights on the optical drives appear to work OK. I haven't been able to verify if the hard drive is running other than having the HDD LED always ON.

Feedback: I fixed my problem by replacing the CPU. Actually, it was the last item I replaced after trying the PSU, hard drive and RAM. I have many spare parts for this old computer which I have accumulated over the years. Thanks for stopping by, Taff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back