Computer restarts and KernelFaultCheck Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I really could use some help. I haven't installed anything new or done anything different to my computer. Earlier today it kept rebooting for no reason repeatedly and at one point wouldn't turn on at all. I waited, turned it on, disconnected the internet and it hasn't rebooted so far. (I'm on another one now). I did a hijack this scan and a new entry has appeared:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

I also received a message that the system has recovered from a serious error and one of them, the 1000007f code is an unexpected kernel mode trap; whatever the heck that is- I have no idea!
I also have a mini dump file 020608-01.
I am running XP home edition ver.2002 with service pack2.

Should I fix the KernelFaultCheck in my hijack this log or leave it there and is there any way for me to figure out what is causing the error? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you for your help. Do you by any chance know how I can find out what I am infected with? I could really use some help here so my girl doesn't kill me for messing up the computer. Where should I start? I have already done a full Norton anti-virus scan & an AVG scan, and also 3 adware/spyware programs. All of them said my computer is clean as a whistle. What should my next step be?

Just a quick update for Tmagic- after consulting a few computer experts the consensus is a hardware issue. In fact, you are the only one to even mention an infection. When that was brought up, I got a few lol's. Interesting. So thanks for your reply anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back