Computer restarts itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my computer restarts itself after certain time. I have got windows XP.The blue screen appears when it restarts, and says like this "this is caused due to hardware or software installed on your computer, make sure its properly installed or ask your hardware or software manufacturer. I have looked in event viewer on my computer, I am getting errors which are, 1)Source: Application Error Event ID: 1000, and 2)Source: Application Hang Event ID: 1002. Also I get errors like stop with error codes with the blue screen every time it restarts and says restarting...... but doesn't restarts and I have to press F8 to bring it back.

Another thing is that I had a virus called Antivirus XP 2008 on my computer and now it's removed,but I can still see in add or remove programs from control panel.

Please help me out with this.
Thank you.

I think is a problem that causes from RAM or PSU.TRY change one of these and see if it still do the same

Sounds like it could be a issue with the ram, run memtest as suggested, you dont need to run it over night 7 passes which takes 2-3 hours will do, if you have more than one stick of ram run the test with only one in then swap over to the next one, if you get no errrors on them individually then run the test with them all in.

My Screen saver tab is missing

Hi, my Screen saver tab is missing from the display option. I was trying to change my desktop screen saver but I couldn't find screen saver tab on display. I know my cmputer was infected of malware, but now its been removed,so please help me to bring this tab back.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back