Computer restarts once a day

Sorry to trouble you folk. I have been struggling with this problem for about a month. I have done all the things I know/understand and I am getting nowhere. My computer closes down once a day - always within 2 hours of turning it on. After that it is fine and goes all day and into the early hours of the morning with no problem whatsoever. The minidump files all seem to indicate the same problem (to me anyway)

I have installed new ram. New keyboard, changed the mouse. Unplugged external hard drive and webcam. Cleaned the fans.

I have Run the system diagnostic report and the lights are all green. Only problem being reported is that it is not detecting an antivirus although I do have AVG installed and working.

I have run the HP diagnostic tests and everything passes. HP SG3-230UK, Win 7, 64bit. 8gb ddr3 Crucial ram (new)

Using the BlueScreenView is indicating it is caused by hal.dll but I don't know how to interpret this any further. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give. I will upload anything else you might need if you let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• 052612-23275-01.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 052712-14866-01.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 1
Try replacing the power supply. The minidumps do show hal.dll but with no bug check screen... So with the symptoms, I would go for the power supply

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. I will do this and come back and let you know. Could take a few days. Thanks again.

Just reporting back. I put the new psu in yesterday. It has been on today since around 8 a.m., so that's over 6 hours and so far so good. Thank you Tmagic. So glad to get that sorted.

Back