COMPUTER SOS Reformating Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a Hp Running Window Xp Home And yes i kno there is a partician on my hard drive to do sytem recovery but when i go to do it it it says some file has been deleted or gone so now i cant use system Recorvery so im screwed and no one else has an hp with cds i tried to use my friends Compaq Restore cds But the Computer Found out its a hp not a compaq and said it will not work so now im stuck here running my computer in safe mode with networking till i fix my computer the problem with my computer is spyware shyt loads of it and it just wont go away and it ****ed my computer up bad can some one please help

I think viruses and the like are more likely to have caused your problems than spyware. If you have an antivirus program, update it and run it. If you don't, get one soon but in the meantime, you can go to many antivirus sites online and run a scan from their sites. Just do a google search for online antivirus scans and run a few of them.

If you don't have an "up-to-date" (including a current subscription) anti-virus program, then you should find a new A/V utility that has the ability to start your system from the CD/DVD drive. (You may also need to reset your "boot-up sequence" in order for the system to start from that drive).

After ensuring that you don't have a virus or that your restore partitition is not available, you can still obtain your software from HP on discs. You need to input all your system info and you should be prompted with an option to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back